Monday, July 9, 2012

WTF, Monday?

WTF, Monday? Why are you here already? I was not prepared for you.

I had a lovely weekend with the husband. We're doing our best to relax while we still can ;)

Joshua took our Wrangler-dog to the vet on Friday. He is 73 pounds, the doctor thinks he's 10 years old (awww, old man), and he is very healthy :) Our little puppy was not happy about being left alone. Josh took a video of her crying when he left with Wrangler and holy cow, guys, it sounded like a kennel full of upset dogs. I don't know how one, tiny puppy could make that much noise! I honestly don't remember what we did/ate Friday night, oh dear. Silly brain farts! I think we probably watched Game of Thrones and ate some food... details have vanished from my memory. (YES! I remembered; we ate Hungry Howies for dinner!)

I do know that I saw a commercial for pancakes Friday night, and woke up Saturday morning needing them. Instead of morning coffee time, we were at iHop for a feast by 9am. We both got the pancake platters and iced coffees, and oh my gosh was it amazing. Eggs, hash browns, bacon, buttermilk pancakes, coffee... heaven! And I had a coupon, booyah! After we had breakfast we went home to clean the house a bit (silly animals and their silly fur). We then headed to Babies"R"Us just to look around and see what's out there in terms of cribs, car seats, strollers, etc. There are so many options in every department, so I have been researching to determine what's the safest, lightest (as I am a wimp), sturdiest, etc. After that, it was off to the mall where I once again dragged Josh through the same baby departments we had gone through the week before, oops ;) I got a new bra and panties, bwhahaha. We had some smoothies for lunch. We got some of Josh's weight gaining powder at GNC where some dude complimented Josh on his voice and said he should be on the radio.. that was odd. Then we headed to Publix to grab dinner and home to relax! I watched "The Artist" (loved it) while Josh played video games, bwhahaha! We grilled some pork loin thingy for dinner, which was really tasty! Then we watched more Game of Thrones :)

Sunday, we had our morning coffee time, relaxed around the house (I researched car seats, strollers, etc. like all morning. I believe I'm a wee bit excited). I went on a random shopping adventure to look at baby stuff (again, I'm a bit excited) and shelving options for the nursery. He had some leftover pizza and I had grilled cheese for lunch. Then we relaxed a bit before heading out to get some frozen yogurt. Dude, I got chocolate frozen yogurt topped with chocolate chips and hot fudge. I thought I was done until we got to the cash register to pay and I saw they had gummy bears and gummy worms. I couldn't decide which I wanted, so I got both. As the dude was weighing my frozen yogurt (I think it weighed about a pound), Josh said, "geez, hun, way to look pregnant." Bwhahahahah! I love having an excuse to pig out :) Anyway, it was delicious and I ate the whole thing. I had gotten a $25 groupon to this frozen yogurt place for free somehow (thanks online deals), and now I wish I had bought like 20 of them. nom nom nom. We then went to Publix, relaxed at home a while longer, and made some tasty spaghetti. We finished season 2 of Game of Thrones and I even stayed up past my weeknight bedtime (stayed up until 10:30 - so hardcore).

Sooooooo, it was a lovely weekend. Exciting news: I can feel the little lady fluttery around in the belly. It's crazy! Preggers blog tomorrow :)

2 comments:

  1. Do you need new glasses? Or did you get a new puppy that I haven't heard about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. To some, labs are considered puppies for the first two years and she's still so tiny (and hyper), she seems like a puppy! :)

    ReplyDelete