Tuesday, July 31, 2012

23 Weeks!

How far along: 23 Weeks.

Size of Baby: Size of a Mango.

Neat facts about baby: She can feel me dance (hopefully she won't pick up on my nerdy dance moves) and can hear outside noises like music and Ellie's barks, and will be comfortable with those noises when she's born :) Blood vessels in her lungs are developing so she can breath.

Total weight gain: The doctor said 13 pounds, which he described as "textbook weight gain" so yay! However, based on the number they wrote down, I think it's only 10 pounds. I don't know where all that weight is hiding, though!

What I miss: Wine!!! I had a baby sip of red wine this weekend, my first taste since Valentine's Day, and it was soooo. gooood.

Sleep: Not so great. My hips have been getting really sore, which pretty much blows.

Symptoms: Growing belly and crazed belly button, still. I am still feeling great, though!!

Cravings/Aversions: Seriously, CHOCOLATE.
.
Movement: She has been moving a lot lately, mostly when I'm sitting down. She moved when I was walking around the other day and it felt soo strange.

Maternity clothes: Nope! I did order a BellaBand which I should get Thursday. Right now I'm doing the "pony tail holder through the button loop" trick to expand my jeans' waste lines. I seriously do not want to buy ugly maternity pants.

Best moments this week: Getting the cradle from Josh's parents and starting to do my crib research! I pre-registered for the hospital last night, and also registered for birth classes! Also, hearing her heartbeat yesterday :)

What I'm looking forward to: I want to start setting up the nursery! Too bad we don't have anything for it yet, haha :)

Milestones: Hearing her heartbeat, which is always amazing. And signing up for birth classes!


And a bonus picture for the blog followers only (who wants to see my unclothed belly on Facebook? ew). Here's a better view of just how big the belly is getting and how tight my usually too large khakis are (taken at work this morning, bwhahahaha):


3 comments:

  1. OMG I love this! Your belly looks a lot larger without a shirt than it does with a shirt. Does that make sense? You know what I mean. Kthanksloveyoubye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahahaha, that does make sense. That's why I took the picture, so you guys can see how big it has actually gotten. Every time Josh sees my belly without a shirt covering it he's like, "Oh my gosh, you are SO pregnant" bahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see a frontal of your belly button! I have such an inny that it looked normal the whole time :-)

    ReplyDelete