Monday, July 16, 2012

Weekend, where did you go?

I hope everyone had a nice weekend! Ours was very nice and relaxing :)

We met up after work on Friday (I got to bug Josh at his office for a little while; that's always fun) and then headed to the carpet place to order carpet for the nursery (finally!). It's getting installed Thursday morning, hooray!! We had some spinach and feta frozen pizza for dinner, followed delicious cheesecake (Josh got another one of the huge sampler cheesecakes - amazing!). We then started watching "Breaking Bad" on Netflix, which is a great show! Although, some scenes are a bit brutal for me, and I have to cover my eyes (wuss).

Saturday, we had our morning coffee and headed out to Sears to pick up our lawn mower! Free lawn mower with only $100 refurbishing... not too shabby! After that, we headed to Bealls (to get Kuerig coffee) and Home Depot (to get a gas can, as the ones at Sears sucked). We then went to a new place called Newk's for lunch. I got this salad: 


And it was freaking amazing. I have a new favorite salad in my life. So, Josh and I ate outside for lunch, right by the door, so we witnessed a lot of people. Apparently we were looking extra young yesterday (both in shorts and t-shirts) because we had two occasions of people treating us like kids. First: a cute little boy was playing next to our table and Josh and I were smiling and waving at him. His grandparents look at us and were like, "oh, you two have a long way to go before you're ready for one of those." Josh responded, "well, we are having our first in November." The people looked a bit shocked and I think they thought I was 16 and pregnant. Gosh! Second: Some old dude walked by our table and picked up a napkin (which was not from our table and had just blown over from another table), looked at Josh and I, and asked, "has this been here since you got here?" We were like, "yes." And he said, "alright, it better have been." We just sat there like, WTF? The dude spoke to us like we a couple of high school idiots. Such a le douchebag.

After lunch, we headed home so Josh could cut the grass (lawn mower worked great) and I could trim our hedges (which were practically six feet tall, woops). Then we relaxed, watched more Breaking Bad, and relaxed some more. We made bratwurst for dinner, and watched more Breaking Bad. Then finally at about 8:30, FedEx dropped off the package filled with baby girl things from my family. I had sooo much fun playing with everything! Exciting. We then watched more Breaking Bad before bed, bwhahaha (the husband is addicted).

Yesterday, we had our morning coffee, ripped up the carpet in the nursery to prepare for our new carpet, and then headed to Wal-Mart to get life's necessities (paper towels, kitty litter, dishwasher detergent... all of the exciting things). I made Josh take me to Wing Stop for lunch, bwhahaha. Then, we cleaned out the garage and donated a bunch of stuff to Goodwill. The garage looks awesome right now! We had a great dinner: Steaks, brussel sprouts, rice au gratin, and potato rolls. nom nom nom! Then, you guessed it, we watched Breaking Bad until bed time.

It was a lovely weekend :)

PS: MONDAYS SUCK.

No comments:

Post a Comment