Monday, July 23, 2012

Delaying doing any work.

Who am I kidding? I have no work to do at the moment. Slow week last week and probably a slow week this week. That means, time to blog!

Thursday, we got our new carpet installed - hooray!!!! I thought I had taken a picture, but I didn't. Just imagine a room with carpet is below.

Friday, after the longest 6 hour work day ever, I went home to relax a little while. Then, Josh got home, and I bugged him to take me to Hobby Lobby so I could use my coupon to buy art for the nursery that I had seen earlier. Then we had a lovely outdoor Chipotle date and got to listen to college girls behind us talk about how they, "like totally need to party at the Kappa house more often," and were, "like totally going to get wasted and pass out tonight." Dude, we felt so old. We then headed home to watch The Dark Knight. I actually stayed awake until 11:30pm watching it. Take that, college girls; I'm still cool and hip. Here's the cute artwork we got:


Saturday, we woke up super early, got ready super fast, and then drove to IHOP. I had some eggs, bacon, hash browns, pancakes, and coffee. AMAZING. Then, it was off to the mall to catch the 9am showing of The Dark Knight Rises. We got to the mall at 8am and the movies weren't even open yet so we decided to continue in our old-married-couple festivities and be mall walkers. Of course, by the time we got back to the theater, there was a huge line. #typical. We waited in line, got our tickets, and watched the show. You know it's a popular movie when your 9am showing is nearly sold out - our theater was super full. Yes, I was nervous for like the first 20 minutes of the movie, especially due to Creeper #1 sitting next to us in army pants and combat boots and Creeper #2 who would not sit down and just stood in the aisle. I finally calmed my nerves and enjoyed the movie and it was awesome. We really enjoyed it :) After the movie, we headed for Home Depot to look at ceiling fans and closet doors for the nursery (figure we'd update everything while it's empty), went to Publix to grab dinner, and headed home for some relaxation and Breaking Bad marathon on Netflix. Apparently, I'm nesting like a crazy person. While watching the show, I unpacked and repacked boxes just so they were more organized. I went through all of my stuffed animals and then repacked them. According to Josh, I'm a "Nesty McNesterson." We had plans to make spaghetti for dinner, but thanks to some leftover pizza I ate for lunch, I wasn't hungry, so I ate popcorn and watched My So Called Life on Netflix. Awesome.

Sunday, we woke up at normal weekend time, thank goodness. We had our morning coffee, relaxed (while I nested more, crazy), and then headed off to Babies R Us to look at strollers. Our favorite is this set: 

It's kind of big, but doesn't feel bulky, it's all terrain so it will be good for walks around the block, it's gender neutral so if we have a boy down the road, we can reuse it, and I think it's pretty. According to my dad, it's missing a wheel, which is true, but we like it :) After we looked at strollers, we went to Target and bought some tubs so I could nest some more by organizing our baby things. We watched more Breaking Bad and had some spaghetti for dinner. I tried watching the Teen Choice Awards (don't judge, Sunday TV sucks), but I do not support any show that names Kristen Stewert their "Choice Actress." Ugh.

So, that was our weekend! Next weekend we'll be down in St Petersburg with the Brians! First, I must survive a week at the office.

Here's a cute bonus picture of my little family (I think they like their dad):

Tollie, Joshua, Wrangler, Ellie, and Parker :)

2 comments:

  1. HaHaHa - Love the photo of Josh and the four critters! And I know I saw a photo of Ellie laying on the new carpet somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh that's right - Josh took a picture :)

    ReplyDelete