Monday, July 30, 2012

A weekend by the water.

Joshua and I had a lovely weekend in St Petersburg, helping his parents fix up his grandparents' condo before the new owners move in.

One of the best parts is I had an excuse to leave work at 2:30 on Friday to go home and get everyone ready to go. Josh had to work until around 5:30, so I got to relax on the couch and watch a live stream of the Olympic opening ceremonies. Once he got home, we got the dogs ready, set the cats up for their weekend at home, and hit the road! First stop was Dunkin Donuts where I had a wonderful decaf iced coffee :) We stopped at Chipotle for dinner. We finally got to the condo around 11pm. We hung out with his parents for a while and then I collapsed into bed, exhausted.

Saturday, we got IHOP for breakfast (PANCAKES!) and worked around the condo for the rest of the day. We had a delicious steak dinner, watched some Olympics (mmm, male swimmers and volleyball players), and then I collapsed into bed, exhausted again.

Sunday, we had breakfast at the condo (delish) and then worked on things more. Due to my "condition" aka "growing a baby" I wasn't much help in the realm of lifting, so I was more of a "dog watcher" and "light switch operator." After a nice day, it was time to hit the road back to Tallahassee. We had Dunkin Donuts for dinner, nom nom nom. We were making such great timing, talked about how we were making such great timing, and then hit a backup at 10pm. Three car accident with a tractor trailer, ugh. We finally got home slightly before 11, unpacked the car, checked on the kitties, and then I collapsed into bed, exhausted once again.

It was a nice weekend. I love just sitting out on the dock watching the water; we'll miss that about the condo. We brought a cradle back with us, which was handmade by Josh's great-grandfather. Josh and his brothers all slept in it as babies :) 

Now, I'm back in the office (ugh), but at least I get to leave early again for our doctor's appointment this afternoon! :) They're always exciting.

2 comments:

  1. Kaitlin - Remembered you had a blog so decided to check in. You're looking terrific and glad to know you are feeling well.
    The cradle was made by my dear Dad, Robert W. Cunningham. I have a picture of Barb and Dad when he was working on it. Both Mom and Dad were SO excited to become great grandparents. Barb was their first grandchild so made this all the more special.
    Popa and I are excited about this little girl. Hugs & love to you and Josh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I have felt great so far; hopefully that keeps up :) We love the cradle and will definitely use it! Sorry we missed you guys while we were in town - lots to do around the condo!

    ReplyDelete