Monday, October 1, 2012

Nesting and Donuts.

Monday sucks. There, got that over with!

We had a lovely weekend. I got off work at 3:30 on Friday and headed out in search of a baby shower dress. No luck, whomp whomp. When Josh got home, we took the dogs for a very nice walk around the block. They have not been allowed in the backyard for about a week now due to a tick infestation we're dealing with, so they needed some exercise (and Miss Pregger here needed some, too). After the walk, our plan was to grill some chicken and make salads. I felt too lazy to chop veggies, so Josh grilles some Bubba Burgers :) We then watched the first episode of Sons of Anarchy, a show Josh is interested in. I think it's a little too manly for me (although one of the lead characters is mighty cute!)

Saturday, we had our typical weekend breakfast. You guessed it: coffee, orange juice, waffles and sausage! After breakfast, we took the doggies for another walk around the neighborhood. This time we walked to one of the lakes in our neighborhood and discovered a bunch of nice houses we'll never be able to afford, whomp whomp. We then decided to go to Thomasville, Georgia to look at guest beds. We figure we're going to have a lot of guests in a couple of months, because everyone loves seeing new babies, and they all need somewhere to sleep! We found a bed we like, but may consider looking for a nice futon, since the room is also an office/TV room. Downtown Thomasville was fun. Lots of fun little shops to look around. We didn't see a single piece of furniture downtown, but it was still nice. We went to a Mexican restaurant and sat on the patio. Mistake. The "loud, southern woman club" was apparently holding a meeting because, oh my gosh, Josh and I couldn't hear each other talk. He ended up texting me some things because I couldn't hear him. Ridiculous. I ordered a strawberry daiquiri and it came out on the rocks, not frozen. A little strange as it was basically Kool-Aid at that point, but whatever. It came in a pretty glass :) We then went to Thomasville Toyota, where Josh got his Altima, and looked around for future (far in the future; I love my Jeep) mommy mobiles for me. We think eventually we'll end up with a larger SUV to drive around the baby and the pups - the Jeep gets a little tight sometimes. 

Our plan was to put the crib together that afternoon, but Thomasville kind of wore us out. That loud, southern woman club was certainly exhausting. So, we both relaxed in our own ways. Josh made me a bath and I sat in there while watching Breakfast at Tiffany's (all that was missing was a glass of wine; silly baby). And Josh played his video games. We finally made our grilled chicken salad, which was quite tasty. Then "we" watched the FSU football game. I didn't really watch, though - not as exciting as the Clemson game.

Sunday, I woke up and went to Dunkin Donuts to get donuts. I got a dozen donuts for two people. A bit excessive, yes, but when you have a "buy six donuts, get six donuts free" coupon, it's necessary. 

nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom
While I did that, Josh started laying out everything for the crib. It took a couple hours to assemble, mostly because of one screwed up screw (bahahaha). There was minor cussing (due to that pesky screw), one clumsy incident (I sort of dropped the headboard at one point), and lots of "help" from our pets. Once we got it done, we played around with different nursery layouts (we only have three pieces of furniture in there, so it was pretty simple) and finally decided on a layout that worked! No clue if it'll stay like we have it, but it works for now :) 

The crib!!
Rocking chair! Just need an ottoman :)
Changing table! Obviously we haven't cleaned out the closet yet..
After that, I set off to look at more dresses. I looked at every dress in the freaking mall and found one dress that fit me, wasn't like 80 bucks, and wasn't ugly. It was only $15 at Sears - can't beat that! I then got myself a smoothie (needed some nutrients after living off donuts all day) and headed home. Josh and I hung out, grilled some steaks for dinner, and then I watched two of my favorite shows: Once Upon a Time and Revenge! Then, it was bed time :)

Now, I only have to survive two and a half days of work and then I'm VIRGINIA BOUND!!!! Can't wait <3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment