Monday, October 22, 2012

Lovely, fall weekend

I hope everyone had a nice weekend! We enjoyed our "fall" weather and had a great, productive weekend :) But now it's Monday. Gross.

Friday, we decided to live it up and go get a nice dinner. We went to the Curry Pot, an Indian restaurant we have always wanted to try. It was delicious. Josh got two Taj Mahal's (an Indian beer) and I had hot chai tea. He ordered the chicken curry with naan and I got the butter chicken minus the naan. Then, we decided to go all out and be adventurous and order desserts. Josh ordered the Gulab Jamun, "two fried cream puffs dipped in cardamom syrup," and I ordered the Rasmalai, "homemade cheese patties served over sweet cream and rose water." They are pictured below. They were... interesting. I don't think we'll be ordering dessert at Indian restaurants again. The entrees were fabulous, though!

Adventurous Indian Desserts
Saturday, I "woke up" at a totally uncool 7:00 a.m. I put "woke up" in quotation marks because I basically did not sleep Saturday night. I don't know what was going on, but my body would not let me sleep. I finally gave up trying and got out of bed, started the coffee, fed the animals, and made myself some waffles (I woke up sooo hungry). I then went into the nursery and organized things for two hours until Joshua woke up. He then had his breakfast, and we relaxed :) We headed out to run some errands (got gas, went to Home Depot... we are very exciting people) and then went to get our pumpkins!! A dude at the pumpkin patch said I was smuggling a pumpkin under my shirt. It does kind of look like that, oh dear. A lady was nice enough to take our photo (below) and we left with three pumpkins (yes, I got one for the baby, I am strange). Next weekend's main activity will be carving them!


After the pumpkin patch, we headed back home where I basically collapsed in bed, due to the lack of sleep I got that night, and napped for an hour. Josh took advantage of the "cool" weather and cleaned up the backyard, treated it for ants/ticks, trimmed the front hedges, and other manly activities. When I woke up, I ate some leftover Indian food and then I painted the shelf that we'll be hanging in the nursery. That was my productive, girly activity for the day. I then did a quick grocery store run to get dinner (potato skins and quesidillas - lazy dinner!). We watched "Hocus Pocus" (I forgot how much I love that movie!), ate our dinner, made some cookies, and watched the FSU v. Miami game. I made it until 10:30 and then dragged myself into bed. Such an old, sleepy lady :)

Sunday, we had eggs and sausage for breakfast (no waffles, you guys must be shocked) and then had another day of productivity! We started to transfer Josh's clothes into my closet (so sad, so sad) and then headed out to do some more errands. We had a delicious lunch at Vertigo Burgers and Fries, a new restaurant. We both had burgers with bleu cheese, bacon, caramelized onions, and magic. Seriously, they were soooo good. And we split some sweet potato fries, which were amazing. It was ridiculously overpriced ($26 for two burgers, two sodas, and one order of fries) but so freaking good. We then went to the mall, where we got Josh two new blazers at Penny's. $30 each and they're really nice looking - score!! We then went to the store, and headed home. We finished transferring Josh's clothes into my closet and the dresser, and then I set up the closet for the little lady:


No, I have not been going crazy and buying tons of outfits for the baby. About 49% of the outfits are gifts we have gotten, about 49% are outfits my mom gave me that were mine and my sister's when we were babies (our baby will be fashionable in her vintage outfits), and about 2% is the one outfit I have actually bought her (the FSU onesie is the only thing I have actually bought!). Everyone else has been spoiling her; I'll do that once she's born and can "help me pick out her outfits" :)

Josh made us some amazing steaks for dinner, and then I settled in for some "Once Upon a Time" (holy cow, Captain Hook was quite nice looking) and "Revenge." Then, it was bed time :)

Only 5 more weeks to go until my due date, holy cow!!

2 comments:

  1. Two things: I don't understand why you and Josh are sharing a closet. You have a third bedroom... AND I hope to see Caroline standing next to a pumpkin next year just like Lena!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The third bedroom closet now holds all of my skirts and dresses. It's being used :)

    And, there will definitely be pumpkin patch pictures next year, of course!

    ReplyDelete