Tuesday, October 30, 2012

36 Weeks!

How far along: 36 Weeks.(less than a month to go, oh my gosh!!!!)

Size of Baby: Honeydew.

Neat facts about baby: Her skin is getting smooth and soft, her gums are rigid, her liver and kidneys are in working order, and her circulation and immune system are basically good to go. Her lungs are the only organs that still need to fully mature, but every day she gets a little closer to breathing on her own.

Total weight gain: Guys, I think I have hit the 30 pound mark. My doctor seems pleased with it, so I'm just going to go with it. Blame all of the donuts ;)

What I miss: I still miss everything I listed last week!! I also miss going to the grocery store and not having workers insist on carrying my groceries to my car, even if it's seriously just two boxes of cereal. I can handle two boxes of cereal, guys. I don't like getting help out to my car. I made Josh go to the store with me this weekend just so they wouldn't insist on bringing my groceries out, and they still nearly insisted. It was just silly. Silly, silly.

Sleep: Sleep has not been good this week. I can't find a comfortable position. I wake up a lot and sometimes can't get back to sleep. Our house was cold last night, so that made it hard to sleep, but I had two doggies and a husband on the bed acting like space heaters, so that helped.

Symptoms: Same slight swelling, occasional cramps but they go away quickly, and I'm sleepy (but I blame that on the sleeping issues).

Cravings/Aversions: I still want donuts.

Movement: She's still wiggling in there, although it feels different because she's so squished (little chubby lady). They doctor felt my stomach and says she is head-down like she's supposed to be (YAY!) and the movement I feel on my side is one of her feet. Apparently she has long limbs like her parents :)

Maternity clothes: Still jeans with the BellaBand! I think I may actually make it without buying maternity pants!

Best moments this week: Hanging things in the nursery; it's coming together! Getting the car seat from my office! We'll probably pick up a second base soon and install one of the bases in Josh's car this weekend, since his will probably be the car she comes home in. Carving her pumpkin was fun! We got more hand-me-down clothes and toys from one of Josh's coworkers, which was very nice. I ordered the stroller, although it won't get here for a while. I ordered her a Christmas stocking with her name. My mom ordered her a fancy swing, a giraffe teether I have heard is a must-have, and a lamb that plays soothing sounds to help her sleep!

What I'm looking forward to: I'm not necessarily looking forward to it, because I've heard it's no fun, but installing the car seat! It will make me feel more ready for her :) I'm looking forward to getting some fun stuff in the mail soon! And oddly, I really want to put up Christmas decorations, haha!

Don't worry; it's just sparkling cider :)

No comments:

Post a Comment