Monday, October 29, 2012

Halloween Weekend!

Hello, everyone! Hope you're all coping well with the evil Frankenstorm and actually have electricity to use while reading this blog post! Unlike all of you, I have to work this Monday, and it sucks!

Josh and I started the weekend right with a delicious Outback dinner. We have to get these "romantic" dinners in before the little lady arrives ;) We each had steaks, sodas (holy cow, not too much longer and I can actually order grownup drinks again!), and split a chocolate thunder. It was deeeeeelicious!! I ate so much freaking food - gotta get that protein! I don't recall what we did after dinner, but I'm sure collapsing into a food coma was one of the activities.

Saturday, we woke up and had coffee and waffles. No sausage this weekend, as lazy Kaitlin failed to go to the grocery store. The poor dogs were devastated. We then relaxed around the house for a while and set off on a mission to find suspenders. Who knew they were so hard to find? Of course, Walmart came to our rescue - they have everything! We also swung by my office to pick up our car seat that was delivered late Friday (no way was I staying late to wait for that thing, bwhahah). Most everyone in my office chipped in to get it for us, and we also got a $50 gift card which will go toward the second car seat base. I ordered our stroller off Amazon, which should get to us around my due date or slightly after. Exciting!! We then had lunch at one of my favorite places, Newk's, and I ate my favorite steak and bleu cheese salad. SO GOOD.

When we got back home, it was pumpkin carving time! For the first time ever, we busted out some pumpkin carving kits and stencils. It was actually a lot of fun! Josh carved the grim reaper into his pumpkin and I carved ghosts into mine. I then carved a quick Jack O' Lantern into Caroline's pumpkin (yes, my unborn child gets her own pumpkin), which turned out surprisingly cute! :) I drank some sparkling pumpkin cider, which was delicious, and separated the pumpkin seeds for roasting. It was a lot of fun!!


After pumpkin carving, we got our costumes together and headed to Josh's coworker Sam's Halloween party! We ate some food, drank some drinks (I got to drink punch with the kids - score!), and played some games. Josh and I got runners-up for our costumes. Some scary costume won (I won last year when I was dressed as a peacock). It was a good time! Our costumes turned out cute - Josh's was great! He was Lumbergh from Office Space and I was Joanna from Office Space. Here are the comparisons (I'd say we did pretty well considering the only thing we bought was suspenders:



Sunday, we had a very productive morning (after I ate more waffles). We hung the shelf, the artwork and her initial in the nursery:




It looks super cute!!! I had fun playing in the nursery. It's still coming together, but it's pretty much ready for a little lady if she decided to come early (except for diaper table supplies; that's something I need to take care of!). 

We pretty much relaxed for the rest of the day! Had some lunch, had some donuts, roasted some pumpkin seeds, watched some Prometheus, and had some delicious chicken for dinner! I watched Once Upon a Time and Revenge while he caught up with Doug (who has been in TX for two months) on the X-Box. It was a great, lazy Sunday!! :)

GOOD LUCK WITH THE STORM, EVERYONE UP NORTH!!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment