Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Double Blog Action: Baby Shower and 33 Weeks!

So, Monday is usually my "weekend summary" blog and Tuesday is usually my "pregnancy survey" blog, but seeing as I did not blog on Monday and seeing as today is Tuesday, I am going to combine the two. Prepare yourself for a long blog!

BABY SHOWER WEEKEND!

On Wednesday, I flew to Virginia for my baby shower. My direct flight made me never, ever want a layover again; I felt so much more relaxed when I didn't have to worry about a layover!  Jessica met me (and "Ember") at the airport, with a donut in hand! That's what friends are for :) She acted as my luggage carrier on the Metro and we then met Allison, and her roommate Kate, for dinner at a Mexican restaurant in Tenleytown. I had a delicious virgin daiquiri and tacos! We then said our goodbyes to Jessica and headed up to Maryland. Allison's new apartment is soooo nice. The little sister is moving up in the world :) 

Thursday was a day of productivity for me and Allison. We went on a mission to find party favors and prizes for my baby shower. We went to Michaels, TJ Maxx, and a fancy Target where shopping carts ride up escalators!  Toto, I don't think we're in Tallahassee anymore ;) We also went to my new favorite store: Buy Buy Baby. WHY could I have not had this store before registering? It was so nice to see items in person and presented nicely. Dear Tallahassee: Get a Buy Buy Baby pronto! We went to PF Chang's for lunch, which was as amazing as I remembered! We then went back to her apartment for arts and crafts. We created games, goodie bags, and prize bags! We then went to a market by her apartment to get food for dinner, and I chose wine to give my baby shower hostesses :) Being pregnant and in the wine section made me feel like a bad mom, but I'm hoping the wine gift bags made it obvious I was not about to chug three bottles of wine! Allison and I then made dinner, did more arts and crafts, and watched Glee!

Friday, we made eggs and sausage for breakfast. This was my first time scrambling eggs and they were actually great! We finalized all of the games and goodies, and then headed to Virginia to drop them off at Jessica's apartment. My GPS decided it wanted to be difficult, so the drive was a bit odd, but we made it! We dropped everything off and then got some lunch with Jessica - I had grilled cheese of the adult nature, and it was marvelous! After we left Jessica, we set off to find a move theater. Again, my GPS was being evil, and it was quite the journey, but we found a theater! We saw "Pitch Perfect" which was really cute! We then decided to just head back to the apartment and relax (the stress created from GPS was exhausting). We ordered some takeout Greek food and watched "A Beautiful Mind."

Saturday, I woke up incredibly early due to excitement of my baby shower! Allison and I got breakfast at a pancake house near her apartment. I ate six pancakes and three strips of bacon. Hello, pregnancy appetite! We then awkwardly rode the Metro with our luggage and went to Jessica's apartment to get our baby shower on! The apartment looked aaaamazing!! Jessica did such a great job decorating :) The shower was so much fun. It was so great to see everyone, some of whom I haven't seen in a long time! The food was great, the drinks (sparkling pink lemonade for me) were great, the games were great, the gifts were amazingly adorable (I sure hope the doctor's office was right when they said she was a girl, or else that's going to be a boy with a lot of pink!), and the company was amazing! Allison, Jessica, and Holly did a great job with everything - love you girls!! After the shower, my mom, aunt Linda, Allison and I headed back to Richmond. My mom, dad, grandma, Allison, and I then went to Anna's for dinner - their baked spaghetti makes my heart happy! Then we went home and I got to see the pups; it was a good night :)

Sunday, my dad made breakfast - eggs and sausage! We then did a bunch of stuff around the house and headed off to Short Pump, the most magical mall in the world. First, we had some awesome Mexican food - delish! Short Pump was fun. Allison got some new luggage and I got new luggage tags. We looked at lots of cute baby stuff :) After our shopping adventure, we headed back home. Allison and I looked through some old pictures and OMG was I an awkward teenager. They were some of the funniest pictures ever; I had issues. Then my mom made and awesome dinner! My dad and I watched "Revenge" together, which was amazing. It was fun watching it with him :) 

Monday, my mom drove me and Allison to the train station, with a pit stop at Dunkin Donuts! Allison and I awkwardly got our luggage on the train and headed to Alexandria. On the train, I taught her how to play chess on her iPad. Yeah, I was teaching her how to play and yet she kicked my bum!! When we arrived in Alexandria we awkwardly got my luggage from the train station, to the Metro, to the airport. I could not have done it without her, no way!! We then said our goodbyes and I went through security three hours early. Food, people watching, and a book kept me busy! I had another direct flight, which was equally as awesome, and then got picked up at the airport by my hubby :) Holy cow did we have some happy dogs when we got home! Ellie was crying out of happiness when she saw me; I adore them! We then went to Chili's for dinner and caught up on everything; it was nice! I was exhausted by the time we got home and basically uploaded pictures and collapsed into bed. 

And now I'm at work. Gross.

33 WEEK SURVEY!

How far along: 33 Weeks.

Size of Baby: Durian Fruit, whatever that is.

Neat facts about baby: She's keeping her eyes open while she's awake. She's also starting to coordinate breathing with sucking and swallowing. Her bones are hardening. And she's going through more brain development :)

Total weight gain: I have lost any perception of how much weight I have gained - I have another doctor's visit tomorrow, so we shall see.

What I miss: I miss my family and friends already, whomp whomp :(

Sleep: Eh, same old, same old. Not sleeping too great these days!

Symptoms: My legs get tired super easily and my hands must still be swollen because my rings don't fit.

Cravings/Aversions: I actually haven't been craving much this week, although a white hot chocolate would be wonderful right now :)

Movement: She's still moving a lot! She wiggled nonstop on both of my flights, on the Metro, and on the train. She either hates or loves travel!

Maternity clothes: I haven't bought any but my jeans are getting so uncomfortable in the belly region :(

Best moments this week: THE BABY SHOWER!!!!!!!!

What I'm looking forward to: Setting up the nursery with all our new, pretty things! Cleaning clothes and putting them into the closet! Hopefully getting our stroller/carseat soon...





No comments:

Post a Comment