Tuesday, October 23, 2012

35 Weeks!

How far along: 35 Weeks.

Size of Baby: Coconut.

Neat facts about baby: Her hearing is fully developed. She has probably reached her birth length, but is still plumping up!

Total weight gain: Well, I forgot to weigh myself. I avoid the scale these days :) I'll get weighed at the doctor's office tomorrow - JOY! (not)

What I miss: I miss my wedding rings, I miss buttoning/zipping my pants, I miss when my flats weren't uncomfortable (may be rocking the flip flops until she shows up), I miss pumpkin beer, I miss being able to put on pants without stumbling because my belly gets in the way, I miss seeing my feet when I look down, I miss when my abs worked and I could sit up without a struggle (Josh enjoys my awkwardness and helps me up a lot)... but it'll be worth it :)

Sleep: Aside from Saturday, the night with no sleep, I'm sleeping okay. I wake up a lot, but can usually go back to sleep pretty quickly!

Symptoms: I don't look swollen, but I must be since my rings don't fit and my feet hurt so bad when I tried to wear flats the other day. Other than that, I really have no symptoms - I feel pretty awesome! I'm really, really lucky.

Cravings/Aversions: Must. Eat. Sweets.

Movement: She's still moving around a lot. Somehow she keeps ending up punching my right side; I have no idea how she's managing to get over there. I'm really curious about how she's positioned in there because I swear my belly has gotten lower; I can feel ribs that I couldn't feel a couple weeks ago. Supposedly they'll start determining her position either at tomorrow's doctor visit, or the next one (I think the weekly visits begin now!!).

Maternity clothes: Still rocking my pre-pregnancy jeans with the belly band! Only a month to go - I really hope I can continue to not need actual maternity clothes. When I get home from work, I'm all about pajama/sweatpants though :)

Best moments this week: The merging of the husband/wife closet space was a sad moment, but it was also a great moment because I got to organize her closet, which cleared up sooo much space in the nursery! I painted her shelf, which will get hung up this weekend. We went to the pumpkin patch, where I got her a pumpkin (I'm weird, yes). I discovered my health insurance may cover the cost of the breast pump, which is amazing because we were prepared to pay $250 for one!!

What I'm looking forward to: Halloween!! This weekend we're carving pumpkins, going to a Halloween party, and drinking some sparkling pumpkin cider I got from The Fresh Market (yay non-boozy treats!). Finishing up the nursery. Getting my car seat (fingers crossed my office gets one for us). My doctor's visit tomorrow. Starting to fill out her baby book :)



2 comments:

  1. I was looking at your photos the other day, and I think your belly is lower, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is definitely lower!!! I can feel my ribs above my belly, which I couldn't do a couple weeks ago. I'm wondering if it's because she has turned so her head is down.

    ReplyDelete