Monday, October 15, 2012

Weekend of Nesting and Resting.

Hello, friends! You guys rock, unlike stupid Monday, which does not rock. At all. I would rather be anywhere but in this office today (well, maybe not anywhere, but you know what I mean). Therefore, I will blog to distract myself from the sad fact that I am here.

Josh and I had a lovely weekend. Friday night, we rented "Snow White and the Huntsman." I picked it up from the Redbox at Walmart and also did some grocery shopping there. I have decided that no matter how much money may be saved by shopping at Walmart, it is a sad place that I do not like. People are obnoxious, the check-out people are sooooo slooooow, the people at the Redbox took like ten minutes to find a movie when mine was already reserved online and I took a whopping ten seconds, and I swear someone hit the front of my car in the parking lot. My rant is over. Anyway, we ate some leftover spaghetti and watched the movie. The movie was great, but would have been SO much better if Kristen Stewart was not in it. Why they decided to cast her as Snow White is beyond me. I was just happy to have an excuse to stare at Chris Hemsworth ;)

Saturday, Josh made one of his amazing breakfasts! We had waffles, bacon (An entire pack. The dogs helped. Some.), coffee, and orange juice. It was amazing :) We then relaxed for a bit and set out on our shopping mission. I grabbed a smoothie for lunch and then we went all over Tallahassee in search of: a futon for our guest room to accommodate all of our upcoming visitors, an ottoman for the nursery, a laundry basket for the nursery, and storage for the closet. We found a futon we will probably end up getting, but nothing else on the list. We did, however, find a queen sized bed we loved at Ashley Furniture, which would look great in our master bedroom... we shall see!! We then made sure we returned home to catch the FSU v. Boston College game. I made us some buffalo chicken dip and "watched" the game. It wasn't very exciting because we kicked their butts, but the buffalo chicken dip was delicious! I got the box from my mom with the rest of my baby shower gifts that didn't fit in my luggage, and found some new goodies in there (tiny baby socks and tiny baby pants, awwww) - thanks, mom! When the game was over, Josh went to play a video game and I "watched TV," which basically means Josh came out to get a beer and found me asleep on the couch. He put this old, pregnant, sleepy lady to bed.

Sunday, Josh made another amazing breakfast - same as Saturday, but with sausage :) The dogs love weekends because they get the leftover bacon/sausage. Spoiled children! We then relaxed around the house, put up some Halloween decorations, and headed out for more productivity. I grabbed another smoothie for lunch (after enormous breakfasts, that's about all I can handle!) and we went to Best Buy for Josh to get "Aliens" and he ended up getting "Prometheus" too. I wanted to get the special edition of Cinderella on Blu-Ray for the little lady, but there was no way I was going to pay $30 for it. Sorry, Caroline, you'll have to wait :) We then searched more for Saturday's items. We ended up finding an ottoman, laundry basket, and closet storage at Target - SUCCESS!! I would post pictures, but the nursery is a disaster at the moment, so that will have to wait. We returned home where I "made" cookies (put premade dough into the oven) and I started cleaning lots and lots of baby clothes :) I played in the nursery for most of the afternoon and then made one of my favorite meals for dinner. Hamburgers with an amazing gravy (one of my favorite recipes from my mom), mashed potatoes, and roasted broccoli. The end result was amazing, but I had some "pregnancy brain" moments trying to get there. Thank goodness I have Josh to act as my clean up crew haha. After dinner we video chatted with Josh's parents for a bit, and then I watched my Sunday night TV :)

This week I plan on nesting some more (and resting some more) so I can post some pictures of the nursery!

4 comments:

  1. I don't think I ever had pregnancy brain.... you forgot the swaddle-things! I think you should vidoe chat with your father :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes! I forgot to add those. Josh was so confused when we were folding the baby laundry and he got to those, haha! He had no clue what to do with them :)

    Allison and I were talking about how dad needs to get more comfortable video chatting once Miss Caroline arrives! He always hides!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandma to Josh & Kaitlin; soon Great GrandmaOctober 18, 2012 at 8:43 PM

    A video chat with you and Josh would be great! It's been sooo long since we saw you -- actually almost 1 1/2 years! Not sure where the time went, but . . . Please -- we'd love to have a video chat, see all you goodies and of course, see both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe it has been that long! It would be great to see you :)

    ReplyDelete