Monday, November 5, 2012

My Jeep-less weekend :(

Well, hello! I am blogging late today, because I have actually been very busy. Monday has sucked, as always, but at least it has gone by quickly.

So, Friday was an interesting day in the life of the Brians. We got word that my Jeep was ready to be picked up at the shop (Jeep dealership) after getting my starter replaced. I went to get Josh at his office, we go to pick up the Jeep, pay them the $400, leave, go to Chipotle, and run into Best Buy to take a quick peak at the iPad Mini's and then kiss goodbye. Josh takes the Jeep to listen to the engine, and I take the Altima back to my office. I'm nearly back when I get a call from Josh frantic that the Jeep's engine caught on fire, the fire department was there, and I the dealership ruined my car. Here's Josh's account of what happened:
"Yesterday was an interesting day. I had the starter replaced in the Jeep at the Jeep Dealership. I picked up the Jeep, went to Chipotle, and then started driving back to my office. While crossing Monroe Street, the Jeep's engine and electrical shut down. I maneuvered the Jeep into a valet parking area for a hotel. I noticed smoke and immediately opened up the hood only to find that half of the engine was on fire. I ran into the hotel and found a fire extinguisher. As I ran back to the Jeep, the fuel line melts and gas catches fire. The Jeep started spraying flames like a flamethrower at least five feet into the air. Luckily, I was able to use a full fire extinguisher to put the engine fire out. Towed the Jeep back to the Jeep Dealership and they admitted they wired the starter wrong and the only thing that kept the entire Jeep from going up in flames was the aLoft Hotel fire extinguisher. Ridiculous."
We are just thankful that he was driving the Jeep and not me, because not only was I not conveniently downtown like him, but I am eight months pregnant, cannot exactly jump out of cars like I usually do, and stress like that could have easily jump-started labor. SCARY. Anyway, it's all figured out now. The dealership took the blame, although the a-holes are still charging us $400 (rude), and will be fixing the Jeep "free of charge" (give me back my $400!). We are going to pick up a rental car for me after work - can't wait to see what I get to drive!

After all of this drama on Friday, Josh went back to work and I went straight home and just relaxed the best way possible without the aide of wine (so. soon.). This included a hot shower and a nap. I then had to go get Josh from the office and we ate chick-fil-a for lazy dinner.

Saturday, I had cereal for breakfast (oh my gosh, no waffles and sausage!). Josh and I cleaned the house like crazies all morning - we need to have it straightened out and clean before the baby gets here and the moms visit! We then got some Five Guys for lunch and headed back to the Jeep dealership to look at cars, just in case the Jeep was unfixable (thankfully, we know now that we won't have to get a new car). We test drove a four door Wrangler and it was super fun, and then looked around at other places. We ran some random errands, went to the grocery store, and then collapsed at home. I got the crockpot ready with some buffalo chicken dip for the VT v. FSU game only to discover the game isn't until Thursday. Oh well, the dip was still delicious! We ate, watched Dogma, and were lazy bums for the rest of the night. I fell asleep early while he stayed up until 1:30am watching Sons of Anarchy (he is addicted).

Sunday, I woke up super early thanks to the time change confusing my internal alarm clock. I had some chocolate chip waffles (chosen by Josh at the grocery store due to my new love of chocolate everything). He also had chocolate chip waffles when he woke up and covered (I mean covered them) in chocolate syrup... who's the pregnant one, again? :) He then had to leave to visit kids at the detention center, leaving me at home without a car for three hours. I was soooo bored. I did laundry and played in the nursery. When he got back, we had lunch and then I headed out to do some shopping. I got nothing but coffee; totally unsuccessful. We then installed the car seat in his car (we are officially grownups), lazed around on the couch, and had some steaks for dinner. I watched Once Upon a Time (I swear it's getting cheesier) and Revenge and then went to bed!

All in all it was a good weekend, although I just want my Jeep back!

PS: My birthday is on Wednesday, yaaaaaaay!

2 comments:

  1. You have a birthday this week????? I put your card in the mail today, but it probably won't get there until Thursday. Your/Caroline's birthday presents are supposed to arrive today!!!

    ReplyDelete