Monday, November 12, 2012

Getting so, so close...

Happy Monday, everyone! My Monday is sad because I am at work and Josh is not. I'd say this is unfair, but the fact is I'm about to have a 12 week "vacation" so I cannot whine too much. And he is taking me to lunch like a good husband. He was a great husband this week as he bought me a beautiful iPad for my birthday... good Joshua.

Beautiful.
So, let's see what I did this weekend!

Friday night, we had lazy dinner (AKA budget dinner). Josh ate leftover pizza and I ate some spinach/artichoke thingies from Target. It was wonderful. We then watched "Not Another Teen Movie" on Netflix (I will use any excuse to watch Chris Evans). All and all, it was a very uneventful Friday night, which was amazing!

Saturday, we started off our morning with waffles, yum yum yum!!! We then set out on an air mattress mission. We're about to have a lot of guests, and they need to have somewhere to sleep. Considering our guest room is itty bitty, and also doubles as an office and TV room, the idea of a futon or a bed kind of lost its appeal. We ended up getting a queen sized air mattress that sits almost two feet off the ground from Academy Sports - should be great! After this mission we were soooooo hungry (waffles don't really keep us full for very long) so it was time for some Chikfila! nom nom nom. We then headed back home. Joshua relaxed while I headed back out for a random shopping mission. I ended up coming back with a small pillow from Hobby Lobby (for the sham that matches the crib set) and two pairs of comfy pants from Target (for the hospital and also for my 12 weeks of lazing around the house and walks around the block). I also packed Miss Caroline's bag for the hospital. I bought her an adorable coming home outfit on Friday that I loveeeeee. It feels so comfy and has Roses, since she is a Rose girl :)

I LOVE IT!
Baby stuff packed and ready to go!
It's crazy to think the little lady currently wiggling around in my belly (she has the hiccups as I'm typing this) is big enough for that newborn outfit... whoa!!! Moving on, I kind of just straightened up around the house for the rest of the day. Getting everything ready for her arrival!! We had lazy leftover dinner again (pizza for Josh and Carabba's lasagna for me!). I "made" us some cookies (stuck premade dough in the oven) and watched Sons of Anarchy with Josh until bed time. Every night this weekend I went to bed around 10pm (don't judge, I'm getting all my sleep in before the baby arrives!) and Josh watched his show until about 12:30am. This has been amaziiiiing because he keeps the dogs in the office with him and I get two and a half hours of wonderful, uninterrupted sleep. Josh offered to sleep on the new air mattress with the dogs so I could get some good nights of sleep (something I haven't experienced in a while) butttt, I don't want the dogs with their claws anywhere near that mattress, haha!

Sunday, we settled for cereal for breakfast. Not very exciting, nope, but tasty! I nested some more all morning and then we headed out for more nesting adventures! Walmart first for the tools to hang some more stuff on the walls. Then, we were hungry (we are always hungry) so we went to Newk's where I got my steak and bleu salad and Josh got pimiento grilled cheese and tomato soup, nom nom nom!! We then had our final movie date before the baby's arrival. We saw Skyfall (the new James Bond movie) and it was awesome!! I got super uncomfortable considering it was two and a half hours long, but I made it the entire movie without getting up or having to use the bathroom - pretty impressive for a nearly 38 week pregnant chick, if I do say so myself! We then headed home where we hung everything up and then relaxed. We had some deeelicious crock pot pork chops and potatoes for dinner. I then watched Once Upon a Time and Revenge, and slept :D

Now, I'm at work, awaiting Josh's arrival for our lunch date. I'm hoping we get the call that my Jeep is ready to be picked up today - I miss my beep beep jeep jeep :(

No comments:

Post a Comment