Monday, November 19, 2012

The Final Countdown!

One week before my due date: HOLY CRAP. The possibility of this being my last Monday at work for a while is quite realistic. I plan to keep working as long as I can, though. No, not because I love my job (that's hilarious). I am using 12 weeks of maternity leave, and I'd rather use it at home with a pretty baby than at home waiting for the pretty baby to show up. So, I will be here until the very last minute. Gotta make that money :)

Friday, I had a doctor's appointment. It was the first appointment where they checked to see if I'm dilated. Without going into any horrific details, it was one of the most horrific feelings ever getting checked for that. I don't know what in the world was going on down there, but it was terrible. The doctor said that on Friday I was: 1 cm dilated, 80% effaced, and the baby is super low. When asked what all that means, he said it means we're right on track to have a baby around my due date. Could be before, could be after, but the time frame is right!

After the doctor's appointment, we headed to get my Jeep from the shop... once again. They keep not fixing everything, ugh. We still have to bring it back at some other point to get the ball joints replaced, but that will be free since it was a recall. Josh is driving the Jeep around for the time being in case it somehow catches fire again, ugh. So, I get to ride around in the Altima with the heated seats and XM radio, muhahahaha!!! Josh grilled us some steaks for dinner and it was magnificent!

Saturday, we set off to get some baby stuff done. We had a non-exciting cereal breakfast and I got some baby stuff done around the house. We then went to Newk's for lunch (home of my favorite steak salad). Then we were off to Best Buy to buy a case for my fancy pants iPad :) It ended up with a cute, blue, leather case, which I should have take a photo of but forgot. I love it! We then headed home to watch the FSU football game only to discover it wasn't on TV, whomp whomp. We checked things off the "to-do before baby" list for the afternoon and just relaxed. We watched "Magic Mike" together, bwhahahaha!! I don't think Josh was a fan of all the male nudity, but I didn't mind it so much. Except I think I saw more of Matthew McConaughey at the end than I ever, ever wanted to see.
We ended up being lazy and having grilled cheese and tomato soup for dinner, and it was wonderful :)

Sunday, we had cereal again and then hung out around the house getting more baby stuff done. We did a quick Target run to get a trashcan for the guest bathroom (our bathrooms are so itty bitty it's hard to find trash cans that fit, ugh) and lunch. We had buffalo chicken bites and potato skins for lunch and then I headed out for some errands. I got a pack n' play for her at Babies R' Us (with a giftcard and coupon it only cost me $10, yay!), got some coffee at Bed, Bath, and Beyond, and got diapers, wipes, etc. at the grocery store - that felt crazy! We then relaxed around the house for a while (most of my "relaxing around the house" this weekend was watching Freaks and Geeks on Netfix; I love that show) and once again had lazy grilled cheese and tomato soup for dinner - it's just so tasty! We watched some bad TV and some of the American Music Awards, which were so boring I went to bed early and it was wonderful :)

Who knows what next Monday's blog will bring; I could have a baby, I could be in labor, or I could still be waiting around - Only time will tell! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment