Tuesday, November 20, 2012

39 Weeks!

How far along: 39 weeks!

Size of Baby: Watermelon!

Neat facts about baby: Her brain is still developing rapidly, and her skin has taken on a paler shade thanks to a thicker layer of fat around the blood vessels. She's now able to flex her limbs, and her nails might extend past his fingertips.

Total weight gain: I have hit 35 pounds gained, oh dear. But I don't feel enormous, so I'm not worried about it.

What I miss: Red, red wine, it makes me feel so fine!

Sleep: I have actually been sleeping slightly better, oddly enough. Two labradors who somehow sneak up on the bed throughout the night don't really help, but they do keep me warm :)

Symptoms: I feel great, yet awkward! Sitting up has become super hard; apparently abdominal muscles just give up this late in pregnancy and I have to think of creative ways to go from laying down to sitting up to standing up. Getting out of the car is also a challenge, especially now that I'm driving Josh's super-low-to-the-ground car. Sooo, I'm just awkward, but I feel awesome :)

Cravings/Aversions: None really, just white hot chocolate because it is amazing.

Movement: She's still wiggling and one of her feet keeps poking out of the side of my belly. During our appointment on Friday, as they were checking everything out and my belly was up in the air, she was wiggling like crazy and you could see where her little foot kept poking out. It was hilarious!

Maternity clothes: None! :)

Best moments this week: Knowing that my body is preparing itself for labor and that I'm right on track - that was pretty darn awesome. And we checked the final items off of our to-do list this weekend - we are ready!!!

What I'm looking forward to: Meeting her!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment