Tuesday, November 13, 2012

38 Weeks!

How far along: 38 weeks!

Size of Baby: Pumpkin. (I do not understand this size because pumpkins don't have a set size... silliness I tell you)

Neat facts about baby: Her organs are ready for life outside the womb! She's pretty much just hanging out in there now; she's a fully developed little baby :)

Total weight gain: Let's just say I have definitely made it past 30 pounds gained. I don't feel enormous, though, so I'm not too worried about it. The doctor says it's mostly fluid. Although the number on the scale at my doctor's appointment was a wee bit shocking (I blame the shoes I was wearing).

What I miss: I cannot wait to have my first glass of wine... I miss it!

Sleep: Oh, it is still terrible. Josh even offered to sleep with the dogs in the office on an air mattress so I could get the bed to myself to help me sleep better, but I passed (the dogs would destroy the air mattress and I would feel bad kicking my husband off the bed, haha).

Symptoms: I feel great and I'm not really having any symptons - no signs of labor yet or anything. I just have this big belly I'm carrying around with me. It keeps running into things and I can't lean over the table to eat so I spill everywhere, but I did paint my own toenails last night and I feel like that's quite the accomplishment for a 38 week pregnant lady. I would pat myself on the back if I wasn't so awkward at the moment.

Cravings/Aversions: Sweets, as usual.... again!

Movement: She is still wiggling around in there and I think she keeps poking her butt out. She's practicing her dance moves, I'm sure.

Maternity clothes: None! :)

Best moments this week: Nesting, nesting, nesting! Having a good doctor's appointment. Getting an iPad for my birthday! Crossing lots of things off my "to do" or "to get" lists!

What I'm looking forward to: Getting everything else done and being completely ready for her arrival! Too bad I'm stuck at the office where I can get absolutely nothing accomplished - gotta keep making that money before my 12 week vacation, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment