Tuesday, September 25, 2012

31 Weeks!

How far along: 31 Weeks. (oh my gosh, are there really only 9 more weeks?)

Size of Baby: Pineapple (awww, a cute fruit).

Neat facts about baby: All five of her senses are working! She's going through major brain and nerve development. Her eyes are also developing and her irises respond to light.

Total weight gain: I'm over 20 pounds now, eek!! The number on the scale is frightening.

What I miss: Wearing my wedding rings :( They officially stopped fitting. I'm wearing a fake band just because my hand felt so naked without rings.

Sleep: Still not so great, but not as bad as it had been.

Symptoms: Swelling in my hands, whomp whomp. My legs are getting tired (from that extra 20 pounds, I'm sure) and I'm running out of breath easier (apparently she is crowding my lungs right now - thanks, baby). Also, heartburn. I have never in my life had heartburn and I have been getting it over the last couple days - it's horrific!

Cravings/Aversions: Nothing specific except maybe donuts... but I'm constantly hungry!

Movement: She's still a wiggly little lady :) She moved the entire drive home from work last night!

Maternity clothes: I still haven't bought any clothes from the maternity section, but my jeans are seriously not fitting me anymore, so it may become inevitable. The bigger the belly, the worse they fit. Yikes!

Best moments this week: My doctor's visit :) Even though the scale nearly game me a panic attack, my blood pressure was normal, her heartbeat was strong, and my belly is measuring right on target. So, it was good to know everything is going well and I can definitely fly up to my baby shower with no worries.

What I'm looking forward to: BABY SHOWER! And putting together the crib this weekend!!

Rocking the $15 Wal-Mart dress - I'm not ashamed!

2 comments:

  1. I can't imagine giving birth to a pineapple - OWWWWWWW!!!!! It's bad enough without those prickly things :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, if she has prickly things like a pineapple, we have a problem!

    ReplyDelete