Monday, September 24, 2012

Why oh why is it Monday?

I wasn't ready for Monday. Rawr!!

The husband and I had a lovely weekend back at home. Of course we would have rather been at the beach again, but it's always nice to be home with our little, furry family :) Friday night, Josh picked up "Cabin in the Woods" on his way home from work. We made some spaghetti, watched the movie, and then I went to bed embarrassingly early and blamed pregnancy - thanks, pregnancy, for taking the blame for every lame thing I do. You're the best!

Saturday, we returned to our familiar morning routine. Coffee/computer time followed by waffles, sausage, and orange juice! We did some nesting activities. When we got the carpet replaced we had to take down the closet doors in the nursery. When doing this, we realized the doors were once a dark, navy blue. How did we notice this? The lazy people before us only repainted the fronts of the doors and the back of the doors, as well as parts of the door frames, were still dark blue. We never noticed this because we never stood in the closet with a flashlight. Soooo, we went to get some paint and repainted the doors. I spent a lot of the morning going through the tubs of baby clothes my mom brought us (clothes my sister and I wore as kids). Holy cuteness! The little dresses are so cute. I just want her to wear them on rotation. And I adored how dated some of the items were - soooo 80s and 90s. She's so going to be rocking that Care Bears sweater vest! We also rearranged our bedroom with some end tables we received from the Brians (they belonged to Josh's grandparents) - LOVE them! Our room looks more like a nice bedroom now :)

Josh grilled us some awesome burgers for lunch - we decided to give Bubba Burgers a try, and they're actually very tasty! We kind of just relaxed and hung out most of the day and since we had such a late lunch, didn't really feel like eating dinner. So I threw a batch of cookies in the oven and we ate those. Once again, I will blame pregnancy ;) And I will blame eating lunch at 2:30pm - not a good idea. After our cookie dinner (Josh also ate Snickers), we watched the FSU v. Clemson game. Josh was very enthusiastic as it was a pretty awesome day - he was yelling and jumping off the couch. I was commenting on the cute football players and the "tight ends" bwhahahaha. Guys, I actually watched the entire game and stayed up until midnight doing so. Impressed? You should be. 

Sunday, we had the same morning routine and breakfast. I then headed out to the grand opening of HomeGoods. BAD IDEA. Every woman over the age of 20 in Tallahassee was in that store, with a few miserable looking men thrown into the mix. They were all just looking around like children being brought to Disney Land for the first time. This made it impossible to shop, and I was quickly out the door. I'll go back when there are less people, geez. Josh and I then put the closet doors back up and put the cute new knobs on them, and our weekend nesting was complete! :) We headed out to Tropical Smoothie (I got a kiwi quencher for lunch, nom nom nom), World Market, and Pier 1 to find covers for the end tables so our cats don't destroy them. After a successful mission, we returned home for the day. We played Super Mario 3 on my Super Nintendo for a few hours, then watched "Hoarders" and "Breaking Amish" - very entertaining. He then grilled us some amaaazing steaks for dinner and we sat down to watch the Emmy's. I went to bed before they were over (blame the pregnancy!) and he stayed up to watch the new "Breaking Amish" - apparently this caused him to dream of Amish people all night. Amazing.

Hope everyone had a good weekend! I will see some of you soooooooooooo soon!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment