Monday, September 3, 2012

Lovely Labor Day Weekend!

We have had a lovely labor day weekend! I shall blog about it :)

Friday, we had a doctor's appointment at 3:45pm. The little lady's heartbeat is getting very strong and loud; it was crazy how loud it has gotten! I got the doctor's okay to fly up for my baby shower, so tickets will be purchased this week :) The only downer of our appointment, is that I have to go in for a three-hour glucose test this week. The doctor assures me I'm probably fine, but I still have to go. It is going to be so boring. Oh, well. Better safe than sorry!

After our appointment, we had a wonderful Outback feast, thanks to anniversary gift cards from my parents! We both took advantage of the four-course deal they're promoting. We each had soup (broccoli for me, french onion for Josh), salad (house for me, bleu cheese chopped for Josh), steaks (sirloins for both, mine with a bleu cheese crust), sides (broccoli for me, baked potato for Josh), and desserts (cheesecake with chocolate sauce for me, carrot cake for Josh). Needless to say, we were quite full!! We collapsed on the couch and watched Paranormal Activity 3. Then collapsed into food comas for the night :) Photos from our feast:

Anniversary awesomeness from my parents.
Course one and two (lovely half-eaten salad).
Course three (partially eaten steak, oops!)
Course four (sadly, I only ate the cheesecake)
Saturday, we had a great morning with coffee, orange juice, and waffles! I went out shopping for a new FSU shirt that would cover the bump! I found a few cute ones and got a bonus onesie for the little lady!

Ellie approved!

We then headed downtown to meet Justin and Holly, two of my best friends from DC, for lunch. We went to Harry's and it was delicious! I had shrimp and scallops over grit cakes with a side of veggies and a very exciting Sprite (everyone else had beer, whomp whomp). We then had a photoshoot, of course!

Our little family

Justin & Holly

Me & Holly

The boys

They then headed off to the game while we returned home to watch the game. We had a snacky dinner while we watched the game - it was a nice night :) Of course, I also routed for my team, all the way from Florida!

Go Monarchs!!

Sunday, we had another lovely morning with coffee, orange juice, waffles, and sausage. We then set up the changing table for the nursery!! The directions were terrible, but lucky I married a smart man and he figured them out, and the assembly was actually not that bad. It looks great. Many thanks to my grandma for sending this to us :)

LOVE IT!

After our exciting new piece of furniture was complete, we started getting ready to meet Justin and Holly for brunch. Smart-girl-Kaitlin decided to trying to put her hair into a pony tail with sunglasses on her head. BAM onto the floor they went and broke :( First stop: Target for new sunglasses. Second stop: Andrew's for a delicious brunch! I had a wonderful burger with gorgonzola cheese, a side salad, and another exciting Sprite. It was so great to see them, but sadly, it was then time to drop them off at the airport, le sigh. After that, I checked out the new DSW (wanted everything) while Josh walked through Best Buy (where he wanted everything). We then went to the mall where I got some thank you cards (we also got the above piano gym from Scott and Margaret last week - ADORABLE!) and some new body wash from Bath and Body Works. Josh mentioned the word "coffee" on our way home, which made me beg for a decaf iced coffee from Dunkins - blame the pregnancy cravings ;) Here's my coffee and the baby:

Hi, baby bump!

After that, we relaxed at home, had some lazy dinner (pasta for me, pizza for him), and then watched American Reunion. Wasn't great, wasn't bad - it was entertaining :)

This morning, we had another great breakfast of (you guessed it) coffee, orange juice, waffles, and sausage! We then hung out for a bit and then I took Josh to his office so he could do some work (poor boy working on the holiday). I then went to Michaels to gather supplies for some nursery craft projects! I am going to make a sign for her nursery with her name; it will either end up on the wall or on her door). We are also going to paint a shelf for her room. We have been looking everywhere for shelving, and this is the best we have seen! These will be projects for next weekend :)

Sneak preview of her name sign! $15 to make.
Sneak peak of the shelving. $7.50!

Once I picked up the boy from his office, we got some delicious lunch at Newk's. He got a buffalo chicken pizza while I had a steak and bleu salad. SO good!!! Now we're at home hanging out. Midnight and Paris is about to go into the Blu-Ray Player!

So, as you can see, we had a great weekend. Sadly, tomorrow we must return to work :( I can't wait to do our art projects!!! I'm also looking forward to seeing both sets of parents at the beach in a few weeks - we are in desperate need of this vacation :)

2 comments:

  1. Bwhahahaha "rooting" - Isn't it "Midnight in Paris"? Great movie! Probably the only Woody Allen movie I've ever liked. I hated ANNIE HALL!! Dad loved it.... Can't wait to see you and the boy! And of course, CAROLINE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, the rooting thing is too funny to change! And yes, it's Midnight in Paris. The sad thing is, I totally proofread this before posting. #pregnancybrain!!

    We're excited to see you guys, too! And Caroline can't wait to kick your hand ;) Although, like you mentioned, as she's growing I can feel her less and less. It's actually kind of sad! But she is constantly getting the hiccups! The doctor said I may actually be feeling her breath, too, which is really neat :)

    ReplyDelete