Tuesday, August 28, 2012

27 Weeks!

How far along: 27 Weeks.

Size of Baby: Rutabega!

Neat facts about baby: She is breathing (it’s amniotic fluid, not air, but it still counts) and  showing brain activity.

Total weight gain: 14 pounds, holy crap.

What I miss: Red, red wiiiiiine. (meant to be sung)

Sleep: I wake up during the night and switch sides, and can usually fall back asleep pretty quickly. However, last night I slept terribly :-\

Symptoms: Pregnancy brain is in full force. Other than that, nothing (except sometimes I have to pee every five minutes; it depends on what position she's in).

Cravings/Aversions: ICE CREAM. I constantly want ICE CREAM.

Movement: My goodness, she has been moving all week. This may have been her most active week. Yesterday I was on the couch with a pillow on my belly and my laptop on the pillow and she kicked/punched so hard my laptop nearly fell off the pillow! I can see her moving a lot this week, and my stomach changes shape depending on where she is. She also now likes to wiggle while I'm trying to fall asleep, which is a bit distracting :) She's a wild thing! I read she may have hiccups which is what I'm feeling sometimes.

Maternity clothes: The pants are getting tighter and the shirts are getting shorter, but I haven't bought any official maternity clothes.

Best moments this week: All of her movement! And our birthing class; it was actually helpful and we enjoyed seeing the hospital.

What I'm looking forward to: I'm excited for the beach in September (may be rocking that pregger bikini look) and my baby shower in October. We should be getting our crib soon (YAY) and I just found out my grandma is sending us our changing table (YAY)!!!! Can't wait to set up the nursery :) :) :)

5 comments: