Monday, August 13, 2012

Pretend this title is creative.

"Happy" Monday, everyone! As we all know, I am not a fan of Mondays, and there is nothing happy about them. They're a buzz killer.

Friday, I had the late shift at work, whomp whomp. Usually, I leave at 3:30 on Fridays, but every once in a while I'm stuck here until 5:00. I had the upstairs of the office to myself for nearly two hours. Luckily, the husband had a cancelled meeting so he showed up to surprise me with some Starbucks. He hung out for a while to keep me company :) When he left, I finished "50 Shades of Grey." Okay, seriously, I know that book is supposed to be all "serious" and "sexy" but, guys, it was hilarious to me. The writing was not good, the dialog was downright awful, and the sex scenes were just comedic. It proved itself entertaining, I suppose, and I'll probably get Josh to download the second book for me. Anyway, we had leftovers for dinner and watched a few episodes of Breaking Bad before bedtime.

Saturday, we had waffles and bacon for breakfast nom nom nom. We then set off for a day of productivity! Our original goal was to buy storage shelving for the garage. We went to Home Depot, checked out their shelving, and then decided to head to Chipotle for lunch. So delicious! We then walked over to World Market where I got some fancy sparkling soda stuff (I need some excitement in my beverage life since I can't have booze). We then went to Best Buy where we completed two of our Blu-Ray collections by getting the last season of "Entourage" and "Paranormal Activity 3!" Then, it was off to the mall for some "back-to-school" shopping for Joshua. He has a severe lack of casual clothing, since he wears suits to work five days a week. Most of his casual clothing is from high school and early college, so he needed some updating. We got him two new pairs of jeans and three new t-shirts. We are probably going to get him some new casual shoes, too, before he heads off to California on Friday :) We then went to Old Navy and got a couple skirts for me - comfy, stretchy skirts for my expanding belly!! We were planning to go to Lowe's after this, but were too exhausted, so just went home to watch some more Breaking Bad. Josh cooked some awesome steaks for dinner and we then finished season 4 of Breaking Bad.

Sunday, we had another productive day! We drank our coffee, ate our cereal, and then headed back out on our shelving mission! We went to Wal-Mart, Lowe's, and Home Depot, and decided on the shelving at the Depot. We went home where Josh opened the shelving packaging while I set off to clean the rims on the Jeep (holy cow, they were getting disgusting). Of course, the last item Josh pulled out of the shelving packaging was broken (so typical) so he headed back out to exchange it while I cleaned my rims. The shelving looks great in the garage, finally getting stuff off the ground! We rewarded ourselves by going to Hurricane for lunch (shrimp blt quesidillas nom nom nom)! Then we got some tubs at Target to store blankets and things in. I relaxed, made some cookies, and watched a live stream of the Olympic closing ceremonies, while Josh played some video game. We had some bratwurst for dinner and then relaxed until bedtime :)

It was a very nice weekend! I'll be on my own next weekend, as Josh leaves for Cali on Friday. He promises to bring me and the baby back some souvenirs, though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment