Monday, August 20, 2012

Late-Monday Blog.

Ohmygosh, this work day royally sucked, I cannot even begin to explain how much it sucked, and I'm not going to fill my blog with suckiness. Just know there is a reason this Monday blog is later than usual and it's because work sucked.

So, my husband is currently in Las Vegas. I drove him to the airport at 4:30 Friday morning. Seriously, that is love. I went home after dropping him off and collapsed into bed for an extra hour. The animals and I then got ready for work (they were very confused by the lack of Joshua when I returned) and I got some delicious Dunkin Donuts on the way into the office. YUM! Work was work and I got off at 3:00, woop woop! I ended up getting some spinach-artichoke bite appetizer thingy from Publix for dinner, and it was actually quite tasty! The receptionist at my office loaned me a few movies to keep me occupied, so Friday night I watched "The Heartbreak Kid." It was okay; probably would have been more fun with someone else watching it with me, whomp whomp.

Saturday, I woke up early (thanks to the lovely dogs who were oh so hungry) and made coffee and waffles (frozen kind, don't judge). I then spent the morning nesting like a lunatic. I cleaned the dining room, organized the hutch, cleared out half of my closet to make room for Josh's things (the baby needs the nursery closet soon!), washed like a bagillion blankets, packed them into tubs, yadda yadda yadda! I then had lunch with my friend, Karen, at Hurricaine Wings & Grill. I had an amazing burger, nom nom nom nom nom! We then went to Kohls so she could shop for earrings. It was fun :) I spent the rest of the afternoon completing my nesting tasks, made mozzarella sticks for dinner (unhealthy, yes, but I was too lazy to go out and get something else). I lazed around for the evening, ready some "50 Shades Darker" (just as terribly yet amazingly cheesy as the first) and went to bed :) 

Sunday, I once again woke up early (thanks to the children, once again) and made coffee and waffles! I nested, relaxed, read, etc. until noon when the Thai place up the street opened and ordered some Pad Se Ew - it was delicious! I then relaxed around the house (I really enjoy doing that) and then headed over to Karen and Zach's apartment for dinner! She made me steak stir fry, we watched some Dane Cook, we discussed planes to crotchet the baby a kitty, and then went to Dairy Queen for some blizzards! It was a good time :) Ellie was not pleased with me when I came home and went straight to bed (she wiggled on the bed staring at me for a while before finally calming down).

I got my gestational diabetes test done this morning, which was not a good time, and then suffered through work (did I mentioned it sucked?) and here I am blogging!

Here are some pictures from the weekend that I have been sending to Josh while he's away! It's like a flashback to when we were living in separate states, except this whole 3-hour time distance is really confusing!

My nesting project of tub organization!
Me and the Ellie Bug saying hi to Joshua!


My feet are slowly disappearing!!!
How Ellie spent her weekend: "Where's dad??" 
The husband at Caesar's Palace!


4 comments:

  1. Glad you finally blogged! But you do have some typos :-) - I thought Josh was building wall-mounted shelves like we have in the closet in our garage... Wish I could visit you this week and give you a hug :-( What were the results of your diabetes test?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, I'm too sleepy and slightly headache-y to fix the typos :) Nah, we just decided to get the kind of shelfing above for now - we may do something fancier in the future. And, I don't know the results yet. They just took my blood and sent me off to work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The glucose tolerance test is a very quick and easy test. I'm surprised they didn't give you the results while you were there.

    P.S.-I enjoyed our conversation this evening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me, too! Sometimes my doctor's office emails me lab results; if not I'll find out on the 30th at our next visit :)

    PS - ME, TOO!

    ReplyDelete