Tuesday, August 7, 2012

24 Weeks!

How far along: 24 Weeks.

Size of Baby: Size of a Cantaloupe. (holy cow!) Another website says corn on the cob.

Neat facts about baby: Her skin is getting pinker and more opaque, so she's looking more like a baby :) She's super long (like an ear of corn) and skinny (only one pound) right now... like her parents!

Total weight gain:Definitely forgot to weigh myself this morning for this part - oops :)

What I miss: Red wine, as always.

Sleep: Same... not great, not awful. I just try to switch sides often so my hips stop hurting so much.

Symptoms: I'm still feeling awesome! The belly is more rounded now and my belly button is still doing crazy things.
Cravings/Aversions: Craving sweets in general, nom nom nom. Give me ice cream!
.
Movement: Holy cow she's moving a lot... Josh felt her kick a few times while we were watching Breaking Bad :)

Maternity clothes: My BellaBand is awesome (it's the white lacy thing poking out in the photo below)! It's hiding the fact that my jeans are unbuttoned, bahahahaha. And, all of my shirts keep getting shorter as the belly gets bigger, so it makes it possible for me to wear them again without my stomach playing peekaboo. Pretty awesome :)

Best moments this week: Getting my BellaBand, which is becoming a lifesaver! Putting a fancy pants new fan in the nursery :)

What I'm looking forward to: Birthing classes! They start in September!! Choosing a daycare; although sad that she'll have to go to a daycare, it will be great to choose one!

Milestones: No big milestones this week, just the big, round belly!

2 comments:

  1. When you are on your side, are you sleeping with a pillow supporting your "top" leg? It really helps. You should ask your neighbors who keeps their baby. Also, I bought a cantaloupe at a produce stand near the library this morning. I am certain it weighs more than Bubbette :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Occasionally I'll stick a pillow between my knees - I'm terrible at sleeping like that though, haha :)

    I think she's about the length of a cantaloupe - I'm definitely sure she weighs less than one!

    ReplyDelete