Tuesday, September 4, 2012

28 Weeks!


How far along: 28 Weeks.

Size of Baby: Eggplant!

Neat facts about baby: She's starting to develop more fat. Her lungs are strong enough now, that apparently she could survive if born- that's crazy!

Total weight gain: According to my doctor, I'm at 18 pounds (I must have weighed less at my first doctor's appointment than I thought, because my calculations never match his, so I'll just go with what he says). He says I'm right on track and should gain a total of 30 pounds during pregnancy. That is a frightening number, guys!

What I miss: Brewskies! We had friends in town and everyone was drinking brewskies while I had my Sprite. Oh well :)

Sleep: I think it's getting worse. I wake up constantly. Last night, the animals were all restless for some reason, so it made it even worse. I told Josh I came close to closing them all in the bedroom with him and moving myself to the couch. Bwhahaha, I didn't do that, though.

Symptoms: Pregnancy brain, as usual. Growing belly, of course. Other than that, I still feel really great.

Cravings/Aversions: The sweet tooth is actually winding down a little and I haven't been craving anything. No aversions either.

Movement: She is moving a lot, but I can't feel it quite as much. She's getting bigger so she doesn't have as much room to move around. Poor girl is going to get bored! I can still see the movement, though. She is still getting the hiccups and the doctor said it may actually be her breathing that I'm feeling, too. Very neat :)

Maternity clothes: Clothes are not fitting me right anymore. Shirts are all too short, even my long ones. And my pants are just fitting funky. I may have to buy some new clothing items soon, whomp whomp.

Best moments this week: Our doctor's visit when we got to listen to her heartbeat; it's getting so strong and so loud! Putting together her changing table; it looks awesome! Hanging out with friends from back home and having them "meet" the baby. Getting the doctor's okay to buy my plane ticket for the shower, and purchasing it today. Feeling guilty going into a liquor store with the husband so he could get some of his Canadian Whiskey, only to have the men working there congratulating me and saying they were both new dads - I didn't feel as guilty once they acknowledged I would not be partaking in the booze (although, I still did get ID'd!). Buying craft supplies for next weekend's projects! Man, lots of good moments this week.

What I'm looking forward to: Definitely looking forward to seeing both sets of parents at the beach in two weeks :) Looking forward to the baby shower in October and looking forward to my direct flights! Looking forward to arts-ing and crafts-ing next weekend. 

NOT looking forward to the gestational diabetes test I'm going to tomorrow. I tested slightly over what I should have at my preliminary test, so I have to go to the 3-hour test. I fast for 12 hours, go in and drink a super sugary drink, and then sit there for 3 hours while they take blood hourly. As a breakfast enthusiast, I'm going to be so hungry all morning. And I have to keep myself occupied for 3 hours, and the Kindle is broken and Josh needs the iPad for work. Oh dear, tomorrow is going to suck. I'll be going to bed soon so I can leave earlier - the earlier I leave, the earlier I'm done my test, and the earlier I can eat!!!


3 comments:

  1. You are looking soooooo pregnant! Can't wait to see you in person :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you'll get to feel some of her little wiggles :)

    ReplyDelete