Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pregnancy Brain Turned Mommy Brain

When I was pregnant, I had a bad case of pregnancy brain. I was putting the milk in the pantry, I was forgetting the security pin to get into my office, and I pretty much lost the ability to properly form a sentence. I have a theory that pregnancy doesn't go away after you give birth. It sticks around and transforms into mommy brain. It could also be lack of sleep that creates this annoyance. I suffer from mommy brain (or just being a blonde, but we will pretend it's mommy brain).

I am in the process of getting my passport renewed so we can go to Barcelona this summer. In order to do this, I needed to get a passport photo taken. Simple! I got that picture taken last Wednesday. It "disappeared" a couple days later. I spent last night frantically searching the house, both of the cars, my purse, the diaper bag, everywhere. I spent this morning at my office searching all over my desk. No passport photo. Gone. I thought Wrangler ate it (we are suspicious that he ate another item, so I figured maybe he ate my photos, as well).

I didn't want to get it retaken because 1) what a waste of time, 2) what a waste of $12, and 3) an idiot turned my hair red when I specifically asked for blonde, and I don't want red hair in my passport photo. Unfortunately, I had to go to Walgreens during lunch to get a new picture. Luckily, they still had my old photo on their memory card, so problem #3 turned out to be a non-issue. It took forever because of a machine malfunction (see problem #1 above, ugh). And they charged me another $12 (problem #2, rawr).

Well, I paid, said goodbye, put my wallet back into my purse, and what do I feel? The freaking envelope with my original passport photos. WTF, mate? I looked through my purse about ten times last night and never once did I see this envelope. Luckily, the girl refunded me my $12 and probably rolled her eyes at me as I walked out (which I deserved for being an idiot).

Mommy brain, you are a pain.

Sorry, Wrangler, for blaming you, but I know you ate other things.

3 comments:

  1. Bwhahahahahaha!!! But you do need to go back to the salon and get your hair fixed!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AND my hair only looks red in certain lighting. In their store it looks blonde, in my office it looks blonde, but if you get me in natural lighting or in yellow lighting: RED :( I don't think the salon is going to help me.

      Delete
  2. Ugh, I may just go to another salon or fix it myself - I don't trust those people! Maybe I'll drive over during lunch today and try to talk to someone. I can't find my receipt, so they probably won't do anything.

    ReplyDelete