Monday, March 18, 2013

Little Irish Girl

I hope everyone had a lovely St. Patrick's Day weekend!! We had a wonderful one, and I'm not very pleased that it is already over :(

We went to a flapjack breakfast at Applebee's on Saturday. It was to support a local high school girl's flag football team (definitely didn't have one of those when I was in school). Josh's coworkers' have a daughter on the team, so they gave us tickets. It was delicious and we had fun showing off our Caroline :)


After our breakfast, we headed to the mall to see the Easter Bunny! We heard Caroline "toot" in the backseat and sure enough, it was a blowout. I cleaned her up in the Dillard's bathroom (luckily, the mall had just opened so we were alone in there). Josh had to get an employee to bring me a plastic bag for her dirty clothes (note to self: put plastic bag in diaper bag). Once she was clean, after what seemed like an hour, I put her into her adorable Easter dress (hand-me-down from her cousin, Lena) and we went to see the Easter Bunny. Caroline was so well behaved. She basically used the creepy bunny as a fuzzy lounge chair.


After seeing the Easter Bunny, we headed home for lunch and then took a walk around the block with the dogs. The weather was gorgeous. I whipped out shorts for the first time since giving birth and was very pleased that they fit me! We pretty much stayed home for the rest of the day in order to avoid the crazy St. Patrick's Day drivers. Josh grilled us some burgers for dinner and we had a relaxing afternoon. Caroline did decide that she was going to sit up on her own and oh my gosh, it's adorable. She tends to lean too far forward, though. The strength is there, but the balance isn't quite there yet. I almost cried watching her sit up on her own. She is growing up so fast.

Beers after our walk around the block!
"WHOA LOOK AT MEEEE"
Sunday was Caroline's first St. Patrick's Day. I got the corned beef in the crockpot in the morning (recipe called for 1/2 a beer, so I drank the other 1/2 at 10am - cheers!). Josh set out on an archery mission while Caroline and I shopped. Once Josh was back, we put Caroline in her adorable St. Patrick's Day dress that my mom sent her. She looked SO CUTE, especially with that little shamrock bum!





Caroline spent a lot of time playing in her activity saucer. She's getting SO strong and could support herself a lot longer than she could last weekend. She talked to me the whole time she was in there, and I caught some of her adorable sounds on video, here. Just look at this happy, happy girl:


I made my Irish man some corned beef and cabbage (with potatoes) for his St. Patrick's Day dinner, and GUYS, it was so good. I'm so proud of myself :) :) :) Here's a picture:



No comments:

Post a Comment