Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Just a Random Blog...

... to keep me busy on yet another boring day. I seriously wish part-time work was an option (1. we cannot afford that and 2. my office would never allow that), because sitting here all day, doing nothing, and staring at pictures of Caroline (which creates both smiles and occasional tears) is not fun. SO, here's one of those blogs filled with random thoughts of Kaitlin. I will fill it with random picture from my instagram, just to add some prettiness into the mix!

 

Caroline and Eeyore, best friends forever. Caroline loves her Eeyore. I hope she continues to love him, because he's one of those "sentimental" stuffed animals. I bought him on the day we found out we were having a girl (Joshua bought her a lion, but she's not old enough for him quite yet). Eeyore stays in the car while Caroline is at daycare. When I put him in her carseat after I pop her in the car this huge grin spans across her face. The entire ride home consists the sounds of her telling him all about her day (and recently blowing bubbles at him) and her playing with his ears. He also eats dinner with us and often swings with her.

 

That smile just melts my heart. Every time. If I'm doing something and she starts smiling, I drop whatever I'm doing to just stare and smile back. She now smiles whenever Josh or I enter the room. Yesterday, when I picked her up from daycare, she smiled the second she saw me. Ugh, I love that little face. Now, we're trying to help her develop her laugh. She is totally trying, and we have gotten hints of a laugh, but that full blown laughter hasn't happened yet. That will be magical!
 

She definitely has her daddy's eyes. I told Joshua he'll never have to go on an episode of Maury, because just one look at this little girl's eyes says she's his :) I had little hope that she would inherit my blue eyes (silly dominant genes), and her eyes are so pretty, I'm okay with that!

 

Beer and wine have returned into my life, and they are as amazing as I remembered. I still don't really touch liquor (with the exception being the lovely bloody mary below) because, well, eww. I just have to limit what I drink so I don't end up with alcoholic milk for Caroline to drink. Nobody wants a drunken baby!

 

The furry babies are all doing really well with Caroline. Even Wrangler is getting less scared. No pictures of Tollie below, but she actually really loves the baby. She loves rubbing against Caroline's head while she's eating, haha. Parker likes sitting in my lap while Caroline eats (that is an interesting sight). And the dogs are both very good about being gentle with her, but both love licking that bald little head.

 

I'd say I'm a very lucky girl to have such an amazing baby girl, a wonderful husband, super duper pets, and of course terrific family and friends who spoil Caroline from afar. I cannot wait to take her to the beach in May. She will be almost six months old during that trip, and I have heard that is a super cute age! And I really hope the Barcelona trip works out. She'll be almost nine months then and I'm sure that's a super cute age, as well. I think every month is going to be super cute for sweet little Caroline Quinn.

As for me, I am trying to keep myself busy at work to help the days go quicker. I blog, stalk people on Facebook, read random websites, read magazines, etc. Some days are busy, but most are not. I have to stay her though because 1. the pay is high for the area, 2. I need the vacation time I have earned because we have a lot of trips planned, and 3. the schedule and location are super convenient for Caroline's daycare. 

Along with keeping busy, I am also trying to eat healthier, snack less (except for healthy snacks), and lose this pesky baby pooch! I know, it has only been three months, but I want it gone and I want that extra weight gone. Since I am still breastfeeding, I can't exactly cut calories because I need them! But, I can make my calorie healthier. I need to start some sort of exercise routine, but with prepping myself and Caroline for work/daycare in the mornings, working full time, picking Caroline up from daycare, making dinner, feeding Caroline, showering, and trying to get enough sleep, where in the world am I supposed to find that extra hour in a day to work out? So, for now, I am just trying to eat healthier and cutting things like soda and sweets mostly out of my diet. So far, that scale still hasn't budged, but hopefully soon!

Well, I guess I should get back to "work." I have nothing to do, though, ugh. I just took my Fenugreek herb, which is supposed to increase my milk supply, which is taking even more of a hit now that I'm at work. I have been taking it since Friday and have seen no improvement; just that I smell like maple syrup (a common side effect; I'm not a weirdo). I guess I'm just doomed to never make enough milk, whomp whomp.

I hope everyone has a lovely day <3



5 comments:

  1. Hey Kaitlin, love the blog! This is Jamie (mother of Zachary in daycare and former classmate of Joshua). I just wanted to let you know, I'm also taking fenugreek to help with my milk supply and I was wondering how much you take...I wasn't noticing a difference in my supply until I started militantly taking 3 capsules, 3 times a day (total of 9). The maple syrup smell is weird, I'm not a fan, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jamie!! I have only been taking 2 capsules, 3 times a day and have seen no increase at all (I pump three times a day at work and only get two ounces each time, ugh). Caroline eats four 6oz bottles each day at daycare, so she has to eat formula at daycare and then gets breast milk at home. I might increase to 3 capsules, 3 times a day and see if it helps! :)

      Delete
    2. Definitely try it! I was taking 2 pills, three times a day and also didn't see an increase. I found when I went to 3 pills 3 times a day I got about an extra ounce during the pump right after. I pump exclusively (Zachary could never latch properly) and it took me a long time to get to pumping 30 oz a day. He eats 4, 4-5 oz bottles a day at daycare (Caroline is a beast compared to him in that regard!) so luckily I am still able to pump everything he eats. However, we are close to needing to supplement with formula. Stupid supply issues :(

      Delete
    3. I will definitely try it out. Thanks!! :)

      I have had to supplement since she was a little over a week old. It made me sad at the time, but it actually works quite well for us!

      Delete
    4. We supplemented from day 1 until about 2 weeks and then my supply increased but I knew the day would come where we would have to supplement again. I'd rather him eat heartily than stress about it...plus I was formula fed and turned out a-ok :)

      Delete