Saturday, March 2, 2013

Lucky Ladies!

I'm a lucky lady to have a husband that is amazing and comfortable with our daughter. I have heard some dads are terrified and uncomfortable. Josh adores his lady. She gets kisses goodbye and kisses hello. He leaves work early so he can beat me at picking her up from daycare (or "steal my baby" as I call it, haha). He's the one that bathes with her (and yes, I mean actually bathes with her... poor lady is going to be traumatized if she hears about that in the future!). He takes care of her so I can have "mommy time" (i.e.: a bath with a glass of wine, a baby-less shopping adventure, etc.). He washes all of her bottles every night. He talks to her in funny accents to get her to smile. She LOVES that. I just know I'm super lucky to be married to a guy who truly loves his baby. I am lucky to have an amazing dad, and I'm so glad Caroline gets to grow up with one, too. It's a good thing they like each other, because, as my mom puts it, Caroline is a "Joshalina" - she looks sooo much like him!!

I write this because right now I'm awake and Joshua is sleeping, but for good reason. First, I think I fell asleep on the couch around 8:00 or 8:30 last night, oops, so my lazy bum NEEDS to be awake right now! Second, after waking me up to eat around 2:30am, Caroline was WIDE AWAKE. Without hesitation, Josh scooped her up and took her to the living room to hang out so I could sleep. When I woke up around 7:00am, Josh was asleep on the couch and Caroline was snoozin' in her swing. Adorable :) It was so nice to get that peacefulness for a bit, so YAY hubby!!!

So, I said "thank you" by just washing a gazillion bottles, doing laundry, and making a tasty pot of coffee for when he wakes up. I may even offer to make breakfast, WHOA THERE.



2 comments: