Saturday, June 30, 2012

It's a GIRL!

We are sooo excited that we are having a little LADY! Joshua and I had both guessed lady, and when the ultrasound tech said, "it's a girl," Joshua said, "I told you," with a grin on his face.

The ultrasound was so neat, guys. We watched her heart beating and her arms moving around. We got to see her brain, her face (she kind of looks like an alien lizard right now, but don't ever tell her I said that), her spine, her feet, her hands, her stomach, her femur, and more! It was really neat :) She was nerdy dancing in there like her mom already! Her heartbeat is normal and everything measured to the exact due date the doctor had originally said, so I'm at about 18 and a half weeks right now, just like we had thought! 

Joshua and I went to Toys R' Us and bought her some presents (pictures to follow in a later post, as I have been too lazy to take them). I got her an Eeyore with a little pink blanket, and Joshua got her an FAO Schwartz Lion. I spotted a pink polka dotted cow at Kohls this morning and Joshua loves cows, so I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up with that by the end of the day ;) 

Then we went out for a celebratory dinner with Karen and Zach to Outback (where else?). We had drinks at the bar while we waited (virgin strawberry daiquiri, nom nom!), and then I had a delicious steak, salad, and broccoli. We all split a chocolate thunder for dessert. Josh and I didn't get home until after 10pm (living wild in our world). I collapsed from my food coma and he collapsed from his two big bloke beer coma ;) It was a really fun night!

I will make my usual Monday blog on, you guessed it, Monday. And then my Tuesday preggers blog on, yep, Tuesday. Stay tuned <3

1 comment:

  1. OMG I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE PICTURES OF PRINCESS EMBER! I DON'T KNOW IF CHIKFILA IS READY FOR A MINI KAITLIN.

    ReplyDelete