Monday, June 18, 2012

Weekend wrap up!

Hello, readers! All, like, two of you. I am suffering from a bad headache this morning, so if this blog makes no sense, I'm using that as an excuse. Overachiever Kaitlin is still in the office, even with a nasty headache this morning... I miss my migraine pills :(

I know everyone loves my weekend wrap ups, so here we go! Friday, I went to Home Depot by myself to get paint swatches and buy painter's tape. Kaitlin in Home Depot by herself is like a little lost dog... took me a while to find the painter's tape. Shockingly, it was in the painting section. Who would have thought? After Josh got home, we couldn't think of anything to cook and wanted some burgers, so we went to Five Guys. Josh has never ever been there and I have only been there once, so we went. It was good! Too much food for me, but good :) Then we went on a mall adventure for fun and then came back home to relax! It was a lovely, uneventful, yet enjoyable Friday night!

Saturday, we woke up, drank our coffee, and then went to work on our painting adventure. I finally chose our perfect yellow (Martha Stewart's Custard) and then we (mostly Josh with my assistance) put up the painter's tape! Then it was off to lunch (Wing Stop parmesan garlic chicken fingers for me). Then it was off to get our paint! We spent a small fortune at Home Depot. Getting tape, canvas for the floor, new wall outlets and outlet covers, and a $30 dimmer switch (our child now has the fanciest lights in the house) really adds up. Whomp whomp. We came home, got ready to paint, and then went for it! It took for.ev.er. After all of that work, we realized a second coat was needed. RAWR. We called it a night, though. I made some baked shrimp for dinner. We relaxed on the couch. And then we put our exhausted selves to bed!

Sunday, we once again woke up, drank our coffee, and then went to work on the second day of our painting adventure. First, we had to wish happy father's day to our dads and a happy birthday to my sister :) We go to Home Depot to get our paint and the girl asked if we wanted primer mixed in. We then realized the girl the day before had failed to ask us that, which is why we were back to a second day of painting. That girl not only wasted $30 of our money, but hours of our time. In the words of my mom, she was a "dim-witted biatch." But, we went home, ate some margharita pizza for lunch, and then painted the second coat. Thank goodness the second coat didn't take as long. I then provided moral support while Josh switched out all of the outlets and installed the fancy dimmer switch. The room was then complete! We watched some "Pawn Stars" on the couch, took a new belly picture (to be featured on tomorrow's 17 week blog), and then Josh grilled us some steak skewers for dinner! SO yummy. However, the headache I had been battling since I woke up was in full force so I went to the bedroom to "take a nap" at 8:00. I woke up at 10:00 and decided it was time for bed, bahahahah. 

I woke up this morning feeling nasty, went back to sleep, thought I was better, set off to work half an hour late, realized my headache was not truly gone when I got to work, and now I'm sitting here going OUUCCHH. If it's not gone this afternoon, I'm definitely leaving early.

So, that was my weekend. Tune in tomorrow for another survey ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment