Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Oh, baby, baby!

YES! The news is finally public - we're having a baby! Joshua and I have known since St. Patrick's Day (no green beer for me this year, womp womp). Then we had to keep the secret to ourselves for about four weeks so I could tell my parents in person (and so we could have our first doctors appointment to confirm we weren't just imagining things); that was way back in mid-April! I have been wanting to blog about it since March, when we found out, but nobody wants to spill the beans too early :)

As of yesterday, I'm 15 weeks pregnant; the baby is the size of a naval orange! My due date is November 26th: a Thanksgiving baby! I was waiting until yesterday's 15 week appointment to make the announcement, just to make sure everything was okay. According to the doctor, the baby has a strong heartbeat and is moving around a lot :) Our next appointment is on June 29th... we'll have another ultrasound and *hopefully* learn the sex, woohoo!

So, I have had a pretty easy pregnancy so far. I won't go into any details because, honestly, who cares? I was soooo tired during the first trimester, though. That was my only true, miserable symptom. Zero energy. However, I never once experienced any kind of sickness - THANK GOD! I think I got pretty lucky :) 

I hereby promise not to over-share pregnancy details online because, as I said before, who cares? I especially will not over-share on Facebook. I will not make every single status about pregnancy, I will not post pictures of every article of clothing purchased for the baby, and I will not share disgusting details with my 357 Facebook friends.

That's what my blog is for!

This weekend, we may paint the nursery :) Why so early, you may ask? Well, because when we moved into our house, our lovely puppy decided to rip up the carpet in our back bedroom, which is now about to be transformed into a nursery. We need to get the carpet fixed soon, and decided it's smart to paint first (as I'm a clumsy lady who tends to knock things over, and who wants paint on a brand new carpet?)! You gotta love lab puppies - crazy little things! We're thinking a nice, happy, yet not too bright, yellow. 

Soooo, here's a 15-week bump picture to get things rolling. Not much to see yet. I haven't gained any weight yet; apparently it's just shifting to my belly (my bum says thank you, baby, for that!). My little canine children look so well behaved in this photo... I don't know how that happened :)

15 WEEKS! <3

2 comments:

  1. Dad and I were discussing the excellent behavior the granddogs were exhibiting. Dad said it was probably because Josh had yelled at them to behave in the photo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, there are two taken before this one where they're both looking in opposite directions. Then we lucked out with this one. In one after this, Ellie has stood up and is poking my face with her nose, while Wrangler rolls around on the ground, showing off his goodies, as always. I don't know what Josh was doing while he took this photo, but it definitely worked!

    ReplyDelete