Monday, June 11, 2012

I can't think of a title.

I just sat here trying to think of a witty, cute, fun title. Nope, no luck; that will have to do.

I had a very lovely weekend. Friday, I left work at 3:30 (YAY) and headed straight home after work. I had zero ideas for dinner, so we ended up going to Moe's. They do, supposedly, yell "welcome to Mooooooe's" when we walk in the door, but it's more of a weak, quiet, and wimpy "welcome to Moe's, whatever" type thing, which is why I love our Moe's so much - I had when they yell at me :( I got a vegetarian quesadilla (which is just cheese, tortilla, sour cream, and guacamole, and I LOVE IT). We just relaxed around the house for the rest of the night and did nothing productive, and it was amazing :D

Saturday, we had our relaxing coffee time and set off to clean the house. Josh scrubbed the bathrooms, dusted blinds, dusted fans, etc etc etc. I cleaned the kitchen from head to toe; even cleaned all of our appliances. Dudes, it was exhausting. After all of that, we treated ourselves to some Chick-fil-a. I ordered chicken nuggets. I ate like 4 of them. It was tragic. See, I have had this strange aversion to chicken since becoming pregger. It's sad, because I love chicken. But no worries, I loved my waffle fries, nom nom nom. After that, I took my very nerdy husband to see Prometheus. He loves, loves, loves the Alien trilogy, so he was so excited to see the movie. And, since we bought Alien on Blu-Ray recently, we got $10 off our tickets. SCORE! The movie was actually very good. Michael Fassbender was easily the best part of the movie. Then we stopped at Publix, spent too much money, and headed home! We enjoyed some brie (yes, made with pasteurized milk, okay for zee baby) and relaxed. Then, Josh made us some delicious steaks, and we relaxed some more. We're getting as much relaxing in as we can, while we can :)

Sunday, we decided to be productive while enjoying our coffee. Josh put together our second bookcase (YAY) while I went through our filing cabinet thinger mcbobber, getting rid of old documents, and adding new ones. It was a very productive morning! I then went on a random shopping mission while Josh "nerded" (video games, silly boys). We then decided to go through the boxes and boxes and boxes of books we have been hoarding in our garage. We donated some books, kept some books, and ended up deciding the majority of the books belonged in Josh's office. It's depressing to see how many books he had to buy for law school (which are wrapped into his student loans, so we're not only still paying for them, but paying for them with interest - ugh). We rewarded ourselves by eating some more brie, nom nom nom, and I drank some sparkling grape juice, sip sip sip. We then decided to take Josh's piles of law books to his office yesterday afternoon so he didn't have to carry the nasty boxes in his nice suits, and he needed to clean his new office. One of his coworkers is leaving so Josh claimed his office! This old coworker was not exactly clean, so Josh cleaned while I organized his books. Nerdy Kaitlin alphabetized his books by subject, bahahaha. He will have the most efficient office ever :) When we got home, I made some chicken broccoli casserole for dinner (I managed to eat the chicken - hooray!), organized our own bookshelves (I forgot to take a picture, grrr), we watched Myth Busters, I fell asleep on the couch around 8 (dude, organizing tons and tons of books is exhausting stuff), and Josh tucked me into bed at 9. Cool story, bro. I'm so old.

So that's my weekend - exciting stuff!

PS: I hate Mondays.

Left: Me being a goof. Right: FEAST! Bottom: Organization skills (don't worry, the ones stacked in the background we're his, bahaha)
















1 comment:

  1. It's a damn good thing you don't work in a library like your madre!!

    ReplyDelete