Monday, November 28, 2011

My almost-week at home!

Welp, I am back in Tallahassee! Our house was just as we left it - score! So, how was my trip? I shall tell you, because I know you want to know.

It was awesome!

Tuesday was driving day. We were on the road by 6:30am, and home to Virginia by 6:30pm! My mom made some deeeelicious she crab soup! It was fun catching up with the mom, the dad, and the sister. I must have been in food coma mode, because I currently cannot think of what the heck we did after dinner. Oh dear...

Wednesday was fun! The husband, the sister, and I drove out to Short Pump for a quick shopping mission. We met my dad for lunch at a delicious Mexican restaurant. Steak fajitas nom nom nom!! After that, it was off to drop my sister at her first day of work at Pier 1, and then back to Short Pump for an Apple Store adventure. While the hubby waited for his appointment with the Genius Bar, I got us yummy beverages! Mexican Mocha for me and Vanilla Chai Latten for him. So, after I got drinks, I had to get past the Apple store bouncer (they was a roped off line to get into the store) to bring the hubby his beverage. We waited, and waited, and waited. We waited for an hour past our appointment and finally asked "WTF?" Welp, our name had gotten deleted and nobody even knew we were there. LOVELY. Our transaction took on minute. Then we got my sister an oil change (we're such nice people) and headed home to hangout with the mom! Meatloaf was for dinner! I believe this was the night we watched Super 8 - good move.

Thursday was Thanksgiving! After a lovely breakfast we hung around the house all day until heading off to Linda's for Thanksgiving festivities! The wine was delicious, the company was great, the dogs were adorable, and the food was nom nom nom worthy! We sat at the kids' table, of course :) I ate cheese, veggies, dip, grapes, turkey, sinful potatoes, kale, rolls, dressing, and chocolate pudding cake. Be jealous. Then, it was back to the house for some Get Him to the Greek. Umm, not exactly the best movie in the world, but it was okay, I suppose.

Friday was da bomb! An early (not by Black Friday standards, but by Regular Friday standards) trip to the mall was first on the agenda! Then we had to drop the sister off to her first day of work. We met the boys for a yum lunch at the Chop House (best. rolls. ever.) and then went to Bass Pro Shop. That store is overwhelming, but I got to see both cute dogs and Santa Clause, so I was okay. After that, we separated from the boys and did a few more girl missions (thanks, mom, for the new shoes and shower curtains) and headed home. Then, it was off to pick Allison up from work and head to Fredericksburg to see friends! We went to Capital Ale House for some food, drinks, and fun :) We had such a good time. I missed my friends oh so much. And the food was once again deeeeelicious! Some drunk dude tried to ruin our fun, but he was a douchy and did not succeed. Miss you, Princesses <3

Saturday was Short Pump day! Nope, didn't buy anything, but had a fun time! We had Nanny over for football and dinner that night. Pork roast, potato casserole, and green beans. Once again, nom nom! I actually watched the football (well, a little). VT beat UVA (I was rooting for both teams since I come from a house divided) and FSU beat UF (woop Seminoles!). I didn't get to watch the game, but ODU beat NSU (yayyyy Monarchs!)

Sunday, it was time to say goodbye :( The drive was long and the drivers were obnoxious, but we made it back! Our children seem happy to be home and quickly fell into the usual routine :)

Sooooo, I had a LOVELY time. Thanks everyone for making it an awesome visit :) I hope you all had fantastic Thanksgivings! I would post pictures, but I'm too tired and lazy, so just look on Facebook, muhahaha!

7 comments:

  1. Were you under the influence or in a food coma when you wrote this? :-) Al had 2 first days of work, I bought you shower curtains,plus Santa Clause, Vanilla Chai Latten, and probably others!! Bwhahahahahhaahhahahahahahaaha!!!!!!! But we loved your visit and miss you very, very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear. Too many distractions in the office, perhaps? Bwhahahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - I was wondering the same thing :) I was also wondering where you bought a Mexican Mocha?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Muhahahaha! Nordstrom Cafe at Short Pump :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who is posting Anonymously??

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL - it's JAN, formerly known as JAB. I like to be a creeper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew it was JAN somehow, muhahahaha!

    ReplyDelete