Monday, November 7, 2011

Birthday Blog!

I'm 26 years old, yowza! I had a loverly birthday weekend :) It was a very low key weekend, but sometimes those are the very best!

Saturday, we hung around the house before Zach's surprise welcome back party at 3:30! It was fun :) We got to meet some new people, eat some tasty burgers, and chit chat. I got to open my birthday gifts on Saturday because, yes, I am a little kid and cannot wait until my actual Birthday! I did good. The husband got me a purse (that I had pointed out in Dillard's forever ago; very good hubby) and a wallet! The parents got me pumpkin coffee, some awesome hurricane candle holders which are now on the mantle, an adorable doggy wind chime which is now giving my pink flamingo wind chime some company (seriously, I'm so cool), and another awesome purse!! The Brians got me a pajama set and some puppy slippers. YAY BIRTHDAYS!!!

Sunday, we celebrated my birthday - who wants a birthday on a Monday? Screwww that! We drank some amazing pumpkin coffee, mmmmm! I couldn't decide what I wanted to eat, sooo we went shopping to walk around and work up our hunger. The weather was so gorgeous, I chose Chez Pierre for brunch, due to their awesome outdoor seating area. Joshua got ham and cheese egg benedict, which he gobbled up. I got a south beach omelet, complete with smoked salmon and capers smothered in a yummy sauce. Oh boy, it was good! Then it was home for cheesecake that I had made the night before - delish as always! We relaxed on the couch and then headed off to Home Depot where we bought a push broom and hedge trimmers! Back home, I trimmed the hedges while Joshua swept our driveway (so many pine needles and leaves, you couldn't even tell we had a driveway!). We then relaxed and watched "Up!" aka the cutest movie of all time. Then, it was dinner time, for a Chicken and Mushroom in Garlic White Wine Sauce (photo on Facebook soon).

Monday, well it hasn't been the best actual birthday, which is why we pretended yesterday was my birthday :) I was stuck at blah work all morning. A nice Chik-Fil-A lunch with the husband made me happy :) And then it was back to blah work. I did get another cheesecake though! (when someone in my office has a birthday, we all sit in the conference room and eat cake together).

<3 you allllllllllllll!

1 comment: