Monday, April 9, 2012

Why can't Monday stay away?

Seriously. Why does Monday always insist on showing up and ruining perfectly good weekends? Doesn't it ever take a vacation? Monday, in the words of Donald Trump, you're fired.

Well, anyway, I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend. Ours was wonderfully relaxing :) Friday, I had off work, and had a lovely day of doing absolutely nothing of importance. I did meet Josh, Karen, and Zach for a Panera feast. Speaking of which, Panera has gotten so expensive. Back in college, when I was a true Panera addict, I could get a beautiful salad and a soda for $8.00. They now charge $8.00 for a bowl of macaroni and cheese. Really? Inconceivable. 

Saturday was a truly lazy, magnificent day. The highlight of the day was getting a new bikini top for the beach this weekend. Thanks to sales and coupons, I paid $11 for a reversible top. Cha-ching! I don't even think we did anything else truly productive on Saturday. Just relaxed. Pretty amazing :)

Sunday was Easter, of course! The Easter Bunny drove me to a lovely brunch at Chez Pierre, a local restaurant which is, sadly, closing at the end of the month after 35 years of service. So, we went there one last time. It was delicious. I got a veggie omelet (with spinach, tomato, and melted gouda) with a side of potatoes and bacon (hey, I need to get the protein somewhere). Josh got a yummy looking belgium waffle with fruit compote, a side of potatoes, and sausage. Now, this was all delicious, but the dessert was the BEST PART. A chocolate mousse cake. Mmm Mmm Mmm. Behold, my food:


After brunch, we worked off our calories with a nice walk around the block with the doggies :) It was fun. Then they had a panting party on the floor. The rest of the day was, you guessed it, more laziness and relaxation.

Now, I just have to make it through Thursday and then it's OFF TO THE BEACH!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait until Friday. Don't forget to pack some bottoms to go with that top!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bwhahaha, good call! I may actually go pick up the matching bottoms today if they still have my size :)

    ReplyDelete