Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My Best Friend's Wedding.

This past weekend, I traveled to Virginia (husband in tow) for Jessica Bond's (now Nakamura) wedding! Such such such a fun weekend. I'm sad to be back in Florida, because I miss everyone, but am so thankful that I got to spend a weekend with family and friends :)

We left early early early Thursday morning and hurried up the coast to Virginia! Stopped for breakfast, gas, lunch, and that's it. We were in Virginia by 6pm, leaving plenty of time to hang with my family! My mom made meatloaf ~delish~ and we drank beers. Allison introduced Joshua and I to the Jersey Shore and all lingo used by the guidos and meatballs. Fun night with the family!!

Friday morning, it was off to U-Haul to get a trailer (to take my parents' old sectional couch down to Florida, woop!). Brilliant Kaitlin brought us to the wrong U-Haul location, so that took a bit longer than planned. oopsies ;) Once the U-Haul was straightened out, it was time for an IHOP breakfast with the family, husband, and Nanny. Delicious and fun breakfast!! Back home, the Rose/Brian clan used our muscles and keen packing abilities to load up the trailer with the couch. Before heading up to Northern Virginia, my mother and sister showed off their fabulous styling abilities, and helped me pick out this cutie patootie outfit from Kohl's:


Traffic to Northern Virginia was reeeeediculous. Rehearsal started at 5. We got to the hotel at 4:40, left at 4:50 ("supposedly" the town hall was 4 minutes away. No no no, Northern Virginia traffic would never allow that), and got to the hall 15 minutes late :( Everyone else was late, too, so my panic was quickly gone. Rehearsal went well, and then it was off to my favorite event - food! Dinner to be exact, at "The Auld Shabeen" - oh boy was it yum yum! In true Irish fashion (I am now Irish by marriage, mind you) I ordered the corned beef and cabbage and two of the house ale. Delish! Dinner was a great time, chatting with friends I haven't seen for a while. Jessica got Chris a Groom's Cake (photo below, of course), which turned everyone's mouths black :) We all looked ~gorgeous after the dinner!! After dinner, I made Joshua stop and get me more brewksies; two just wasn't enough! We had a dance party in the hotel, and went to bed by 10:30 like a couple of old folks :) Here are some pics from rehearsal:


Saturday was wedding day!!!!!!! We started off the day with a tasty (FREE) breakfast at the hotel ;) After that, we got ready and headed out! Off to the mall we went to get our rings clean so they looked fancy and shiny in the pictures. We hung around the mall, played with the new iPhone, ate some more food, and then off to the hotel I went. Poor hubby-boo was stuck in the hotel all day because nobody could play with him... sad stuff :( But I had fun with the ladies! We got to drink wine at the hotel bar in silk robes; that was definitely the highlight. Jessica looked GORGEOUS. Here are some photos of us getting ready:


After getting ready we all hopped in a LIMO. I had to write it in all capital letters because it's exciting. Why? I had never been in one before! Pathetic, yes, but I can now cross it off my bucket list :) We popped a bottle of champagne (well, Casie popped the bottle; I'm bottle popping challenged), and toasted to the almost-bride! It was super fun :)

The ceremony was lovely, very unique and nice. My poor feet went numb during it, but no worries! Chris's smile was so bright, and I could tell Jessica was beaming, even though I could only see the back of her head from where I was standing. Great ceremony!!

The reception was fun, too. Joshua and I got to hit the dance floor with our hot moves we practiced, and I got to dance with Miss Allison, too. I'm so glad my family was there so I could spend more time with them :) I also got to see a lot more friends that I hadn't seen in a long while! The Matron of Honor speech was SO terrifying, aaaaaaahhh! Public Speaker, I am not. But it was well received, so I guess I didn't screw it up too bad ;)  Picture of the happy couple:


We had to be super uncool old people and go to sleep instead of party after the reception, but we had a long trip back to Florida :( And boy was it long!!! I was sad most of the trip, because I hate leaving my friends and family behind. But at least I had the hubby with me, our new home to come back to, two very wiggly dogs and two very hungry cats :)

Miss all of you SO MUCH. I always feel sad for a few days after I get back from Virginia, because my trips are always too short. I need visits, please :) Love you all!!

This weekend I plan to get a pumpkin and may even roast its seeds; we shall see!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, sounds like a super fun weekend! The pictures are so nice! Chris and Jessica look so happy! Thanks for the update, Kate! :D

    ReplyDelete