Thursday, October 6, 2011

Kaitlin the Blog Abandoner to the Rescue!

Well, hello there, everyone! Holy cow, my goodness gracious, oh dear, etc., I am quite the blog abandoner. I am currently dreadfully bored in my office, and felt compelled to revisit my little corner of the interwebs, so here I am. Prepare yourself for a long entry, because it has been quite a while.

When I left off, we were in the process of purchasing a home. Well, guess what folks... we are homeowners! It is a great feeling to know that we own a house, a yard, the trees, the driveway, even the fence. It's quite amazing :) Unfortunately, our lease on our townhome isn't through until mid-December (silly people, nobody wants to sublet!), soooo our finances are a wee bit tight at the moment, and we're unable to really put a lot of money into making the house fancy, but we have plans!! We'll paint, add bookshelves, buy more wall art, add something to the backyard to make it not-ugly, and do all sorts of fun things once we're not paying our lovely rent/mortgage combo. Soon, folks! Photographic evidence of our new home:


 We officially had our first houseguests a couple of weeks ago. Yay Holly & Justin!!! We had delicious Carabbas together, shopped for FSU gear together, enjoyed happy hour at Chili's together, and tailgated together. It was a great time :) Now everyone else needs to visit, please. Now. Thanks. Evidence that we had friends visit:


Also, our puppy has gotten huge. She is over 30 pounds now, can catch tennis balls in her mouth, and no longer fits under our bed. She doesn't chew on or destroy everything anymore, and can hold her little bladder all day, so I don't have to go home during lunch anymore. Our little lady is a "legal beagle" as the vet says. Next stop: getting her fixed, poor baby. Here is evidence of how enormous the lady has gotten (and how cute she is):


Life has been good down here. The weather has been absolutely gorgeous down here (so much so, I had to italicize it for emphasis). We've been eating delicious food and drinking delicious beverages. We've been watching TV (I'm currently loving these new shows: "New Girl" and "Two Broke Girls" and love love "Raising Hope"). We got a 2nd TV so he can nerd (play videogames) while I'm a couch potato. Pretty exciting stuff, I know. We celebrated the arrival of fall last weekend with overpriced beer. Evidence of this event:



I'm getting super duper excited about our journey to Virginia next week. 12 hours of me serenading my poor, poor husband in the car (followed by another 12 hour drive a few days later). BUT IT WILL BE WORTH IT. I get to see my favorite people, ride in a limo for the first time in my life, wear a purple dress, eat delicious food with fellow food-appreciators, and see all of my favorite people (so happy I had to add that one twice). Evidence of my excitement:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Sadly, I have been interrupted by work. What. the. heck? Love you all, byeeeeee!



No comments:

Post a Comment