Monday, October 24, 2011

Cozy, Lazy, Wonderful Fall Weekend!

I had a very nice weekend :) I shall type about it!

Friday, I had the "late shift" at work, where I have to stay until 5:30 to answer phones (I typically leave at 3:30 on Friday). Well, I was over on my hours so I was out by 5:10, but still... ew. Once Joshua got home, we had a quick dinner and then headed off to Karen's for a quick brewsky! Why was everything so quick? Why we had a movie to catch! Paranormal Activity 3, to be exact! And yes, it was creepy creepy creepy-tastic! Poor Karen was terrified and spent half the movie hiding in my shoulder, muhahahaha! We were in the late night "we're so loud we have to scream at everything even if it's not remotely scary" crowd, soooo we missed a lot of dialogue, boo hiss. But it was still awesome!!!

Saturday, I started off the day with some delicious coffee, and then set up the crockpot with some super easy to make pork chops. We then headed off to show the townhouse; douchebag landlord sold the guy on one of his other properties, though. UGH. Soooo frustrating. After showing the townhouse, it was time for a Home Depot run!! Mission? RAKE! So exciting ;) We also got energy efficient bulbs and a light switch cover for the garage. Home ownership is exciting stuff, people. We then had a Wendy's feast, and headed home. 

We then stuck the pups in the back of the Jeep, and headed off to the pumpkin patch!! Awww, they had a blast. I handled the Wrangler (he's super easy to walk when he has his "nerd mask" (gentle leader) on!). Miss Ellie was very excited with all of the kids around, so Joshua took control of her; he has man muscles and stuff :) The kids in the pumpkin patch adored my Wrangler dog. Ellie was so wiggly she kind of scared them, haha. Wrangler loved loved loved all of his attention. Since the doggies were a bit wired, we stuck them back in the car and got out pumpkins :)

Back at home, Joshua raked the backyard while I gave him moral support ;) Poor boo got a blister on his hand, soooo carving the pumpkins will have to wait until next weekend! Then, we watched the FSU game - WIN!!! Later, we ate the pork chops I made and GOODNESS they were good. Crockpots do wonders for pork chops; super tender! Then it was time for some Scream 3. I already knew the killer (whyyyyy do I always spoil myself?) but it was still enjoyable!

Sunday, we were super lazy kids and slept until 10; it was aaaaaamazing!! We were productive in the morning and moved the leather couch into the office - this was no easy task. We had to move it through the dining room, through the kitchen, and through a ridiculously tight hallway, but we did it! That bad boy is staying in that room for a while :)

The rest of the day was amazingly relaxing. We watched "Bad Teacher" - Cameron Diaz's character was so extreme in that movie, but it was good! We went to the store, made spaghetti, watched bad TV, and then watched "The Bourne Identity" :) Then we cuddled up in the warm bed, and sleptttttt.

That, my friends, was a long entry, and I do apologize for my ramblings. In other news, still miss and love you all :) OKBYE!

 Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!

2 comments:

  1. Me thinks you and the boy should have bought two rakes - his and hers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me thinks so, too. Sadly, with our budget at the moment, we decided to just get one... for now :)

    ReplyDelete