Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend roundup

Hello, everyone. Happy Monday! Mondays are happy when there is no work involved :)

So. I shot a gun this weekend. Not a water gun, not a bb gun, and not a glue gun. A GUN gun. It was scary as crap, people. I was freaking out at first, but by the end I'd gotten comfortable with it. In the words of Joshua, I can now survive a zombie apocalypse. Photo evidence, booyah!!




That was so exciting I had to get it out of the way first. Now rewind to FOOD that day. We used a Groupon that I bought to get lunch at Hunt Club, a burger place near our house - very yummy! I have another coupon for that place that we will surely use soon.

Okay, so after shooting we hit up the Starbucks, because I had to drink Starbucks in honor of Jessica and Holly (it was the last place we were all together, le sigh!). After Starbucks, after much debate, we saw the Hangover II. It was funny, but definitely a replica of the first one. I predicted sooooooo much in it, just because of the similarities between the two movies. But it was very funny. And Bradley Cooper is a hot piece of man. So $15 well spent :)

When we got home, we ate dinner, drank beer, and watched Harold and Kumar. I'd definitely forgotten that I know every (EVERY) word to that movie. It was extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeme!!

Sunday was productive day. First stop was the liquor store (very productive) to get the makings for Strawberry Margaritas!! Tequila and mixers - check!! Then it was off to Walmart to get a hose and nozzle (to rinse off our cars - more on this later). Then off to the grocery store. I made a baller lunch. Potato Skins and Fried Green Beans (TGIFridays appetizers B1G1 hellz yeah!), and "the best shrimp Josh had ever had". 

Make these shrimp. Pronto. Trust me.
In a bowl, mix melted butter, dash of lemon juice, parmesan cheese, and bread crumbs. Then drizzle over the shrimp, and back the shrimp in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Ours were shrimp skewers because they were on sale, and they were THE BOMB. Make them.

Sooooo, remember I said I'd get back to the hose and nozzle? Well. Turns out Joshua already had a nozzle, so that's getting returned today (oops!). The hose? Well, it busted open while Josh was using it. So that is getting returned today. EFFERS. Walmart, you can be an epic fail sometimes.

After that, it was off to the carwash. I got a free carwash off of Groupon. I don't know if I'd ever ridden through one of those carwash tunnel things, but it was AWESOME. After our cars got their showers, I got an oil change. Exciting stuff, people. Exciting stuff. 25% off oil change - I love deals almost as much as I love foods.

After the productive activities it was finally, FINALLY, time for some margaritas!!! We finally used our fancy pants blender from my grandma. And it worked great (although, it's hard to pour things out of, and tequila was wasted in the process, but oh well, it mixed great!). We had one set of margaritas on the deck. But it was too hot so we drank the rest inside. But look at how pretty they were out there:


Our second, third, and fourth rounds of margaritas were consumed inside :) Oh yes, we drank a lot of margaritas haha. Josh introduced me to one of his favorite movies, Cutthroat Island - cute pirate movie. We then got invited out by Miss Karen Carolina, but four margaritas each and driving? Not so smart of a plan. So we stayed in :)

Today, we are having coffee time! I'm trying to find a fun place with a decent lunch menu, with no success so far. World, you are expensive. And we're probably going to go see Bridesmaids this afternoon. I really want to see it :) Raunchy girl comedy? Yes, please!!

Miss everyone lots! I'm trying to figure out a good time to come up to VA for a visit, but like I stated before, the world is expensive :(

LOVEYOUALL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment