Sunday, May 22, 2011

A prompt blog about Panama City Beach!

We left as humans, we returned as lobsters.

Josh and I have returned from Panama City Beach - fantastic time!! Sooooo, here's what we did :)

Thursday: Weeee drove. Yeah, nothing exciting about Thursday. I won't allow it to waste space.

Friday: Free breakfast in the hotel! Then, I had to drop Joshua off at his CLE. So sad, so sad. I then hit up numerous cheesy beach stores (ie: Wings, Sunsations, and craptastic places like that). I took a super long walk on the beach. Holy gorgeous, batman! Crystal clear blue water and white sands. Absolutely amazing. After my walk, it was off to more shopping! Then, I went to meet Josh during his lunch break. We had lunch with a friend of his at a place called Lime's, which is a part of the Marriott. It's at the end of a very long pier and it was great. I got a beer (they had to get sodas seeing how their next lesson in the CLE was about substance abuse!) and a chicken sandwich. They talked law the whole time (both criminal defense attorneys, I think they were bonding) and I was perfectly content watching the boats go by :) After lunch, there was more time for me to waste. More shopping! I ended up buying absolutely nothing on any of these shopping adventures, but it was fun! After that, I picked Josh up at his CLE and he wanted to head straight toward the beach. After a long walk on the beach together, it was time for frozen beverages! 24 ounces each of amazingness. Such a great time!! Then it was a night of bad television and carry out Italian in the hotel. Great day.




Saturday: Free breakfast at the hotel!! Then off to Walmart for beach supplies - umbrella, drink holders, beer, swim trunks, cooler - success! Josh then insisted I get a henna tattoo :) He chose my design and on my shoulder it went. Then it was off to the beach! We had such a great time sitting there chatting and people watching. We both brought reading materials but just ended up hanging out the entire time. It wasn't until we left that we realized how burned we'd gotten - oopsies!! Then it was time for a late lunch. We ended up at Margaritaville after another restaurant apparently didn't want to wait on us (a-holes), and it was delicious! Another beer for me and a fantastic taco salad. After that we watched TV at the hotel for a while, waiting for the sun to start going down so we didn't get burned, and then off to putt putt!! We had so much fun. Annnnnd I won! Great time :) Then back to the hotel to watch Scary Movie 2 (I'd forgotten how terrible those movies are) and sleepy time.




Sunday: More free breakfast at the hotel!! We had plans to go back to the beach and more putt putt on Sunday. Yeahhhh, we were way too lobster-esque for any of that, oops! So we packed up our stuff and headed out for a Starbucks date. Fun time, as always :) Then we said goodbye to the beach and headed back to Tally! Came home to say hi to the kittens (thanks, Karen, for taking care of them!), then a Chipotle date (currently addicted to their veggie burrito bowls with guacamole), and then picked up the doggie (thanks, Jacquie, for taking care of him!). We've been relaxing at the house since then. Josh has been nerding and I watched Justin Timberlake host SNL. Yes, I have a huge crush on him. Josh is well aware of this, haha :)

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend! Come visit okthanksbyebyeloveyouall.

1 comment:

  1. I am noticing that most of your adventures seem to involve buying Josh some kind of new pants (khaki shorts, swim trunks, etc.) COOL.

    ReplyDelete