Sunday, May 8, 2011

Sleepy, but fitting in a blog!

Sorry for the delay in posting, but unfortunately, it's due to sad circumstances.

Friday night Joshua and I had a lazy Friday night in. We ate leftovers, watched The Devil's Advocate, and went to bed embarrassingly early (well, I did, he stayed up in read... I'm a wimp). We had plans to clean the apartment the next day. At quarter to 4 we got a call from Josh's mom, Barb, that Josh's Grandpa had fallen and hit his head, and there was a chance he wasn't going to make it. Josh sprang out of bed and promptly started packing, so I sleepily followed. We were out the door by 5am, at Dunkins by 5:10am, and on the road by 5:15am. Made it to St. Petersburg by 10am, dropped off the doggie at the Brians' condo (kittens stayed home, poor babies), and then headed to the airport to get Josh's parents. Then it was off to the hospital to see Grandpa Brian! He seemed to be doing better, which led to a collective sigh of relief. He had started to talk again, though not completely coherently, but it still seemed to be a good sign. We stayed until well into the afternoon (with a tasty BBQ break, which is necessary information for us food lovers) and left with high spirits, thinking he'd pull through. We all hung out and everyone gradually left. Josh's parents went to the hospital to say goodnight to Grandpa Brian, and Josh and I, sleepy from getting up at 4am, went to bed. We hadn't been in bed for 5 minutes when we got the call that Grandpa Brian had passed. I was honestly shocked, as he had seemed so much better when we left. But his wife, whom he loved very much, had died barely two months earlier, and we all truly believe he was ready to go. They traveled all over the world together and had so many amazing stories that we'll all miss hearing. But it's comforting to know that they're together again. As Joshua said, they're up in Heaven boating together now, and he's spending eternity checking out her butt (trust me, that's his grandpa's idea of heaven, I'm sure; he spoke quite often of her butt, haha). So, we're going back down to St. Petersburg later this week. Rest in peace Grandpa and Grandma Brian.


OK, onto a lighter note. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!! I really wish I could have been with my mom today, but it was nice to speak with her on the phone :) And I'm glad she liked her Mother's Day gift (subscription to Food Network Magazine, hellz yeah!) Thanks for being a super duper awesomely cool mom, Mom. Love you muchly!! Wish we could have had mother's day bloody mary's at Chadwick's! Or on our deck :)

I got to spend time with my mom-in-law today, which was very nice! A bunch of us went to a restaurant called The Conch Republic grill - DELICIOUS! I got snow crab legs, a salad, and asparagus (and two glasses of wine, duh). It was very tasty and a good time.

I'm also a very proud mommy right now to my four legged babies. Wrangler did a great job keeping spirits up this weekend during a sad time; everyone loved having him around. And Tollie and Parker were SO good this weekend. From what we've seen so far, they did absolutely fine here by themselves. I'm so proud of them all :)

Happy Mother's Day, everyone!!


And now. I sleep. Goodnight :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm guessing Josh got the gene for appreciating spectacular butts from Grandpa Brian?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahaha, I suppose so! He always told us he didn't know much about Betty when he married her; just that she had long, auburn hair that smelled nice and a nice butt shaped like an upside down heart :) So romantic, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is hilarious! Yours doesn't look like an upside down heart, but it is quite curvy!

    ReplyDelete