Sunday, April 14, 2013

The introduction of "food"

Food is in quotation marks, because it was actually more like mush. We introduced rice cereal into Caroline's diet last night, since our doctor told us she was ready. So, last night we made her first bowl of rice cereal. It seriously looked icky, but we gave it a shot!

We first mixed it in a bowl and tried to feed it to her with a spoon. Well, she was interested in it while the spoon was making its way to her mouth, but the second it hit her lips this adorable look of disgust came across her face. Of course, I had to document this first attempt.  I love the progression of both Caroline and Ellie, who is creeping in the background.

Note: if you click on the first photo to make it larger, you can click through quickly to see the progression better.

Uh, daddy, what is that? 
Umm, I'm unsure of this, daddy. 
Oh my goshes, this tastes terrible, daddy! 
Mommy, that was the gross.
After this failed attempt, we decided to transfer the cereal to a bottle (another mom at daycare was nice enough to give me a lot of her son's bottles which he refused to drink from, and a size Y nipple was included, which is used for cereal)! After hesitation, she finished the bottle and promptly fell asleep in my lap. She then continued to sleep for twelve straight hours!!! I feel so well rested! I'm so proud of my big girl :) 

We'll keep trying the spoon as she develops a taste for this stuff, and then eventually introduce more solids, but there's no rush! She can take her time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment