Sunday, December 30, 2012

2012 is Almost Gone...

It is so crazy that 2012 is almost over! Last year, my family was in Tallahassee to ring in the new year with us. They were celebrating in our new house, Ellie was still puppy-sized, and the thought of having a baby was just an unfulfilled wish. This year we'll be ringing in the new year as a family of three (well, seven if you count the animals). We have lived in our house for over a year, Ellie is a full-grown lady, and we have a five week old baby. Crazy what a difference a year can make! So, I'm going to take a trip down memory lane and reminisce about an amazing year :)

The family last year around this time!
Champagne to help ring in 2012!
January || Josh's dad visited and we went to an Antique Car Museum in Tallahassee. My dad NEEDS to visit that place!


Elvis Rocking Out at the Car Museum!
February || We celebrated Valentines Day with some delicious takeout Thai food and split a bottle of wine. My last glass of wine until after I gave birth to Miss Caroline!


Valentine's Day Dinner!
March || We conquered our first painting project in the house, adding an accent wall to the living room. We still LOVE it. || We found out I was pregnant on St. Patrick's Day. I made the decision to wait to tell anyone until I could tell my parents in person! Hardest secret to keep EVER! || I got an amazing new camera, which was my early "push" gift from Joshua!


LOVE my camera!

This is me the day we found out we were pregnant!
Painting the accent wall. I suck at painting!
April || We had an amazing Easter Brunch at Chez Pierre. I had to order orange juice in lieu of a mimosa because, unknown to anyone but me and Josh, I was pregnant! || We went to Atlantic Beach to spend some quality time with my parents. This is when we told them that they were going to be grandparents. They were quite happy about this :)


Ready to go to Easter Brunch at Chez Pierre!
With my parents in Atlantic Beach!
May || I traveled back up north to Allison's UVA graduation! It was so much fun, as trips back home to see the family always are!

On The Lawn at UVA!
June || We finally announced the pregnancy to the world (as in, made the Facebook announcement!) || Later in the month we discovered we were having a baby girl! We were thrilled! || We took on our second painting project in the house: The Nursery!!


Gifts we bought Caroline after finding out she was a girl!
Paint for the Nursery!
July || We spent a week in St. Petersburg helping Josh's parents clean his grandparents' condo. We're going to miss the view in the picture below.


St. Petersburg, Florida!
August || We spent a weekend hanging out with Holly and Justin who were in town for a football game. Always good to see people from back home! || Josh spent a week in California and Las Vegas visiting his friend Doug. Meanwhile, I went crazy at home by myself for a week! || We celebrated our two year wedding anniversary! Soo crazy to think it has been that long. I like my husband :)


After lunch with Justin and Holly!
Souvenir from California!
September || We traveled to the Outerbanks to spend time with my parents and Josh's parents. It was so nice to get away from the "real world" for a while and see family! ||


30 Weeks Pregnant at the Beach!
October || Allison, Jessica, and Holly hosted an AMAZING baby shower for me in Virginia! It was perfect and I had SO much fun spending time with everyone. || We went to a pumpkin patch to get pumpkins, and then did some awesome carvings, all while drinking sparkling pumpkin cider. || We went to a Halloween party thrown by one of Josh's coworkers. Josh won best costume with his Office Space themed getup! 


Princesses at My Baby Shower!
Pumpkin Carving Fun!
Hybrid Halloween Costume!
November || I celebrated my twenty seventh (that's a big number) birthday. My awesome Joshua surprised me with an iPad!! || We had a delicious Thanksgiving dinner! I cooked it while nearly 40 weeks pregnant; pretty impressive if I do say so myself! || My beautiful Caroline Quinn entered the world on November 25th. She is PERFECT!! || My mom came to Florida to help Josh and I around the house while we were introduced to the world of parenthood!!


Amazing Birthday Surprise!!
Thanksgiving Dinner!!
Only Minutes Old... My Little Caroline!
December || Josh's parents visited after my mom left and helped more with Miss Caroline! || We celebrated Caroline's first Christmas and it was so much fun! She had no clue what was going on, but it was still very special.


My Lady's First Christmas!
So, it was a wonderful year! The whole year seemed to lead up to the "grand finale": our baby Caroline! And she was well worth the wait :) I hope everyone else had an AMAZING year!! Have an awesome New Years, everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you and your little family! You made 2012 special for a lot of people? Whatcha gonna do for 2013?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why is there no way to edit/delete this comment????? There is supposed to be an exclamation point not a question mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    2. No big plans yet for 2013! Only time will tell :)

      Delete
  2. I think 2013 should be the year you move back to VA...kthanksloveyoubye

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also think 2013 should be the year of the big move back home :)

    ReplyDelete