Thursday, January 10, 2013

Update time!!

Hello, readers! I apologize for the lack of update, but I have been entertaining my little sister, Allison! She spent a week with us and it was SO fun. Wish she could have stayed longer, but she had to go visit Mickey Mouse :) I was really sad when she left because I didn't know when I'd see any family members next. It's always helpful to have some sort of visit scheduled to look forward to when you live far away. My mom mentioned a possible February visit from her and my dad which would be AMAZING. He's the only grandparent that has not yet seen his granddaughter, and he needs to see her; she will LOVE him. That phone call cheered me up because it gives me a possibility to look forward to; hopefully it works out! The visit would fall a week before my dreaded return to work. I wish I could stay home with Caroline but there's just no way we can possibly afford that. She'll be okay in daycare, though, and it will make her very social. Just makes me a sad mommy!



So, here are some updates!

Caroline had her one-month checkup. She is over 22 inches long now and over 9 pounds! I am a bit bummed that I had to use the formula supplement to get her there, but all that matters is her health, and she is very healthy! And the formula isn't too bad; it actually makes life a lot less stressful!



Speaking of stressful, today has been a stressful one. She is going through her 6-week growth spurt and is CONSTANTLY eating. Like, constantly for real. I feed her one side, she falls asleep, realizes she's asleep and still hungry, and SCREAMS. I then feed her the other side, she falls asleep, realizes she's asleep and still hungry, and SCREAMS. I then go make her a bottle, she keeps falling asleep while drinking it, I take it away, she realizes it's gone, and SCREAMS. I had to leave her screaming for a few minutes just so I could get a chance to brush my teeth. We did take a walk around the block and go to the grocery store, which both calmed her down for a bit (she loves being outside and moving around), but the second we got back to the house both times she, you guessed it, SCREAMED. Josh probably thought I was exaggerating when I told him this, but he is on daddy duty tonight and is seeing that I'm not making it up. Poor little Caroline, I feel so bad for her. But we are doing our best to meet her little piglet needs. It's exhausting!!!



She has started smiling which is SO. CUTE. She can be exhausting me, as detailed in the above paragraph, and the second that smile appears on her face everything gets better. She is still figuring out that smile and it is sometimes a bit odd, but it's adorable. She is also experimenting with more sounds. My gosh she makes such cute sounds. The other morning she seriously meowed at me. Josh heard her say "hiiiiii" one day. She seriously is an adorable little girl.

Kind of a smile :)
I feel like I had more to say, but my exhausted brain has run out of words. Miss all of you oh so much! <3

4 comments:

  1. Ah, motherhood! Definitely has its ups and downs. You are doing a wonderful job, and I am still proud that you are my baby :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed my visit! I had so much fun and I miss all of you!

    -Allison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe she was that tiny when you were here! She's going to be like twice this size in May!! :)

      Delete