Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Caroline's First Christmas!

I hope everyone had an amazing Christmas! Ours was awesome and very special, even if the little lady that made it special was super high maintenance and hungry all day long ;)



My Christmas started with me trying to get Caroline to go back to sleep after her 11pm feeding. The last time I looked at the clock it was around midnight, so that's how my holiday started ;) She then woke me again at 2:30am for another feeding, and again at 5:30am for yet another! Silly, hungry lady! I woke up around 8am and stuffed Josh's stocking, started the coffee, got the Christmas tunes going on my iPhone, and waited for my two sleepy heads in the back bedroom to wake up!

 


Opening gifts was delayed since she was yet again hungry (she truly is my daughter). We all sat on the floor to open gifts together (on the comfy rug from my mom; so much nicer than sitting on the wood floors!). Miss Caroline decided sitting in her high chair on the floor was lame, that sitting in her swing was lame, and that her dad's lap was the ideal location. This meant he held her almost the entire time, so I had to open all of the gifts. This means opening gifts took about twice as long as it should have. Silly Caroline :) We got some great stuff this Christmas - very spoiled!! Caroline got some great gifts, too. Such a loved baby <3 We finally got to eat the breakfast casserole after gifts were opened and diapers were changed. And, most importantly, I got to drink champagne! My first drink of champagne in a year and it was wonderful. I didn't even mix the orange juice in because I wanted the real thing!



After breakfast, we video chatted with my family in Virginia! My grandma got to meet her newest great grandchild - her fourth one!! :) After we talked to my family, we got on webcam with Josh's family. Technology makes Florida holidays so much better! Traveling with a one-month-old wasn't really an option this year!



We spent the day taking care of a needy baby, relaxing around the house (unfortunately, it was raining, so a walk wasn't an option), and playing with our gifts! I kind of didn't realize how late it had gotten and how long dinner would take, so we didn't eat dinner until about 8pm! It was delicious, though. Ham (from my office), sweet potatoes (my Aunt Linda's recipe that Josh LOVES), green bean casserole, and rolls. I also made cherry cheesecake for dessert, which was delicious! We just kind of collapsed on the couch for the rest of the night and enjoyed the silence since Caroline had FINALLY decided she wanted to take a nap :)


We miss everyone so so much and hope you all had a great holiday. Thank you everyone for the gifts and the Christmas cards; it helps us not feel quite so far away :) Love y'all! Now I'm excited for Allison to visit us next week!!! WOOHOO!




1 comment:

  1. Dad and I can hardly wait until Allison goes to visit you! Just kidding! :-)

    ReplyDelete