Monday, May 14, 2012

The weekend I got a tattoo.

Hello there, everyone! Here's my usual mention of how much of an enemy Monday is. Couldn't the world have just let me sleep for a few more hours? Is that so much to ask? Yes, yes it is. Because I'm an overachiever whose biggest fear is getting to work late. Darnit! 

Moving on :)

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend; ours was quite nice!We both got off work early Friday, so we headed out for some mother's day shopping :) I cannot disclose where we went or what we got, as neither of the mothers have received their gifts. Then, I ate some phenomenal buffalo chicken pizza at Momo's. It was a nice of gift and food success! 

PIZZAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Saturday, we woke up (as people typically do on Saturdays), had coffee time, and watched some Game of Thrones. Josh has been reading the books and loves them. Our friend, Zach, has the first season on his computer, so Josh went over Friday night and burned them onto our external hard drive. We can watch them using his Xbox, so it works out really well! The series reminds me of The Tudors with the visual appeal, music, scenery, etc., so now I want to rewatch that series. I really like Game of Thrones. I feel like I saw more boobies and butts than I ever have (especially boobs, geez), but I enjoy the show! I can see why men love it, bahahahaha! 

I then went out for a little more shopping and we cleaned the house a bit. I got Miss Ellie a fancy new collar (she decided to lose her old collar in the backyard and then proceed to chew it; gotta love puppies) for her first birthday! My little lady is a year old :) Time flies!

Girly puppy collar, awwwwwwww!
Then it was more Game of Thrones! We ate some delicious NY Strip for dinner (Joshua is getting very good at making steak) and then relaxed for the rest of the night. We went to bed at old person bed time (before 11, do not judge) and it was splendid!

MMM, steak! (Note: It's not burned. Joshua rubs it with espresso!)


Sunday was a very nice day. We slept in until nearly 9 on accident (longest. most amazing. night. sleep. ever.) Josh (with the pups in tow) then headed off to Dunkin Donuts to get us some donuts. Please prepare yourselves for the most tragic story ever told. Josh, being a good human being, held the door open for another man, thus letting the man in line ahead of him. The man then proceeded to order 6 dozen donuts. WTF, that's 72 donuts; who the eff needs 72 donuts? This douchebag stole all of the donuts leaving poor Joshua in line with no donuts to buy. He then had to go to Publix and buy us pastries there. This is tragic, because when you're expecting Dunkin Donuts, your stomach needs Dunkin Donuts and this a-hole screwed up our dream of donuts. So sad. So sad. My danish was yummy, though :)

Anyway, sorry for the sob story. We then watched more Game of Thrones, and then headed out for some time-waster shopping. We walked around the mall, returned one of our mother's day gifts (I found a superior gift after purchasing something), and then split some teriyaki chicken! It was tasty. Then we went to Wal-Mart (SO EXCITING) and then Starbucks (we were on a food/beverage spree yesterday) where I got a double chocolate chip frapp, which was so good. Then, you guessed it, we were home watching more Game of Thrones (Joshua is very excited about this show).

Then, it was off to Karen's carnival themed birthday party! We ate kettle corn and corndogs. We had a cupcake decorating contest (I got second place, baller!). We got temporary tattoos (see below); mine was taken off this morning in preparation for work, so sad). We got to watch Zach and Max pie each other in the face. We got to guess what was in a mystery box (I won; it was a toy elephant!). The boys played with waterguns and ring toss). We then watched Maru videos (Here on YouTube). And then we played Apples to Apples. It was a good time!

Butterfly!!!
I hope everyone had a lovely weekend; I will see some of you this weekend!!!! SO EXCITED :)

1 comment: