Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Afternoon Blogging!

I have a case of the Tuesdays. This is what happens when Mondays are holidays!

I had a lovely weekend, even if I was a bit under the weather, wah. I started feeling icky at work Friday. We were going to grill out, but I was way too icky feeling to simply marinade chicken, sooo Josh picked up a Hungry Howie's pizza on his way home. I devoured the pizza, and then we watched "Woman in Black." It was fun watching Harry Potter run away from ghosts, I must admit! It didn't scare me too, too bad, so I slept great :)


I still felt icky on Saturday, but I refused to let that bring me down :) I went on a shopping mission to buy a new quilt for our bed... it was a failure. 1. Because I didn't find "the one." 2. Because it was freaking hot (97 degrees) and I wanted to hide in my air conditioned house). 3. I got hungry, of course! So, I headed home for lunch and relaxation time with Joshua and the animals, and it was amazing. I did venture back out for more shopping and was once again unsuccessful. Grilled chicken salad was for dinner, and it was delicious. Unfortunately, I was still not feeling well. I tried to stay awake, "took a nap on the couch" at 8:00, woke up at 10:30, and told Josh "I guess I'll go to bed now." Needless to say, it was not an eventful Saturday night in the world of Kaitlin, as I felt like crappo!

Sunday, we decided to have a super productive day! We decided to finally splurge on shelving for our living room. We went to tons of stores and finally decided on a set of bookshelves from World Market. We also picked up a desk from Staples for our Monday activity (the office). Sooo, we get home, assemble the first bookshelf, get all excited because it looked great, and opened the other one. It had a huge chunk taken out of the wood. We had to drive all of the way back to World Market, return the bookshelf, and have them order us a new one as the damaged one was the last one they had in stock. SO disappointing. We were so excited to get the living room beautiful, and now it's lopsided. A big rawr to you, World Market. After all of our work, it was dinner time! Joshua grilled us some delicious NY Strips and we made some green beans. We also ate some Boston Creme Pie we got at Publix. DELICIOUS! My husband is becoming quite the master on the grill. My brain doesn't remember what we did Sunday night, haha. Silly brain :) I blame the sickness, as I was still under the weather.

Monday, it was "clean our disaster of an office" day. Oh, how I had longed for this day. When we moved in, we never really made our office nice or pretty - we just threw stuff in there. Well, I was sick at staring at this stuff. We cleared everything out of the office. We put the leather couch by the curb (so sad, but our Wrangler had destroyed it). A man who owns a pit bull rescue now has our couch so more dogs can destroy it; this makes me happy :) SOOO, after everything was out of the office, we set up the entertainment center to include both Josh's XBox and my Super Nintendo! SCORE!!! We (well, Josh) then assembled the new desk and it looks so great! Eventually, we'll get a guest bed to put in there for all of our visitors (the hidden message here is VISIT US, EVERYONE!). It looks soooooo much better. We'll work on finishing it up, but it makes me happy that it's not a clutter closet anymore. We grilled some bratwurst Monday night (once again, the boy is great on the grill) and then I booted up my Netflix for a lazy Sunday night (since I'm still not feeling well).

And here we are at Tuesday. The only noteworthy items for today:
- I had a brownie batter milkshake from Zaxby's - HOLY DELICOUSNESS, BATMAN!!!
- Jessica and I had fun attempting to stalk my old roommate; hardly any luck. She must not exist, be in the witness protection program, or be in a loony bin. Because if we can't stalk someone down, they do not exist.

Here are some (terrible quality/angled) photos of our home improvements from the weekend :)

Ellie helping her dad with the bookshelves.

The bookshelves on one side of the fireplace.

The bookshelves on the other side of the fireplace. (Please excuse the wiring; that is a work in progress)
My Super Nintendo back in commission! WOOHOO!
The new desk! Matches the TV stand :)


6 comments:

  1. You do not take after your madre - I do not feel like eating when I feel bad! Which roommate were you stalking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it took a lot of energy to eat, but you know me... I can't skip meals :)

    We were trying to figure out what Sarah was up to! No luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should see what dear old Fran is up to!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did, bwhahahaha - everything past ODU is set to private :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. food lover people stalkerMay 31, 2012 at 9:00 AM

    I LIKE THIS BLOG POST. FOOD IS GOOD. HOUSE STUFF IS FUN. I MISS YOU XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH, HI. WHO COULD HAVE WRITTEN THAT CAPITALIZED POST? WHO IS FOOD LOVER PEOPLE STALKER?

    JK JK JK

    ReplyDelete