Thursday, November 14, 2013

Vampire Baby!

Yes, I failed to do a Monday update this week... honestly, it was a perfectly boring, relaxing, uneventful weekend, so there really wasn't excitement to share anyway.

I would much rather share this gem. Caroline got her first incident report this week. She bit one of her friends. I feel like she has officially grown up and become a baby-biting toddler. I feel awful for the baby she bit, though, and wonder if they got an accident report sent home that says, "your baby's friend bit him/her." Check this out:


I talked to the teacher about it and she said to not worry, it's completely normal. Apparently babies like to bite their friends to 1. see their reaction, 2. see how they taste, and 3. ease the pain from teething. Ohhh, Caroline, you're a crazy little munchkin!

I gave her a talking to on our way home, telling her we are not cannibals and do not try to eat our friends. She retaliated by biting me as I put her into pajamas. But, honestly, how can you ever be mad at this little thing? She is oozing with adorableness and innocence and has no clue that cannibalism is not a socially acceptable action.


She does the cutest things, you guys. Check out this from yesterday. This is her helping me raid the dollar section at Target ($1.00 items plus a 20% off dollar spot items coupon = stocking stuffer central)! She refused to let go of her bottle, so I picked her up out of her carseat and she carried her bottle inside, held it while I buckled her into the shopping cart, and chewed on it the entire time we shopped. ADORABLE.


And I will leave you with another adorable moment from last night. She walked around the house eating her appetizer (she has a pouch to get her fruits and veggies when we get home, and then she eats dinner with us later). She finally learned that she can feed herself from these magical pouches and it makes life SO EASY. I can do dishes while she walks around getting her nutrients. I miss my tiny little infant, but having a functional, independent little baby-toddler is SO NICE. Look, she even "helped" me unload the dishwasher last night!


Yesterday was picture day at her school, and she rocked her shirt, teal skinny jeans with a pink belt, and favorite shoes. Her daycare had to postpone picture day for a lot of the kids because they were fussy and hungry and tired (story of my life) but apparently Caroline did great. I can't wait to see her pictures (please let there be a smile, please let there be a smile...). Tomorrow is FINALLY her first day in the bigger infant room. I think she's going to be so happy in there playing with a group of babies around her own age. She's such a giant baby she was starting to look silly lording over the smaller babies in her current daycare room (and if she's going to bite someone, she needs to pick on babies her own size).

ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR WEEK, EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment