Monday, November 4, 2013

Monday, Schmonday.

Oh. My. Gosh. I'm actually blogging on a Monday! This gives me the opportunity to remind you all that Mondays are evil and awful and cruel.

We ate pot roast Friday night, which was highly entertaining. How can pot roast be entertaining, you might ask. Well, with a wild 11-month old, the most commonly boring things can become highly entertaining. Caroline learned that the dogs like pot roast, and if she throws her pot roast off of her tray tables, they will eat it. Caroline found this HILARIOUS. She through every bit of her pot roast to the dogs and laughed and squealed every single time. She even fed Ellie pieces by hand which was SUPER HILARIOUS. It was a fun night of pot roast eating :)

Saturday, Josh made us pumpkin pancakes for breakfast, nom nom nom. Caroline remembered the fun she had the night before, and decided she'd much rather feed the dogs her pancakes then eat them herself, so on the floor they went. It was again highly entertaining. She actually took a good nap for once; I mean, we're talking a two hour nap! Josh got to go show his bow, and I got to do an arts and crafts project. When in Virginia, my mom gave me wooden ABC letters that were in my nursery as a baby. I painted them this weekend to match the colors in Caroline's nursery. They turned out great but I failed to take a picture, oops!

After Caroline's nap, we took her to the park to play, walk around, and play with the older kids. She had soooo much fun :) We then ate at Hurricane, the restaurant at the end of our neighborhood. Caroline and I had grouper tacos and I had a Yuengling. She had a blast staring and pointing at people (pointing is her new thing; she points at everything and everyone all the time). I feel like we went somewhere after lunch but for the life of me I can't remember, so it must not have been exciting. We came home and drank "Witch's Brew," a beer that has sat in my wine rack for years. It was DELICIOUS. We also chatted with my parents, and then watched The Walking Dead while Caroline took a rare second nap. I made buffalo chicken dip for a late dinner and then "we" watched the FSU v Miami game (I played on computer and went to bed by 9 - you're jealous of how cool I am).



Sunday, Caroline woke me up at 5:30am (her little body thought it was 6:30am - silly time change). We let Josh sleep in because he stayed up late watching the game. Caroline and I played and watched The Nightmare Before Christmas, and then watched daddy make pancakes and bacon when he woke up. Caroline once again wouldn't eat and fed her food to the dogs. We relaxed around the house before it was time to get lunch and went to Chipotle. She ate some of the chicken from my burrito bowl but was clearly still not feeling well. We're hoping she's just getting a tooth and isn't sick :( We had plans to go to the mall after lunch but decided to head home since Caroline didn't seem to be feeling well.

Staring at people at Chipotle... classic creeper caroline.

When we got home, we grabbed the dogs and had a very nice walk around the block! We had a relaxing afternoon. Caroline took another nap so I had "mommy bath time" complete with wine and Elizabethtown, which reminded me why I hate romantic comedies and don't watch them. We ordered pizza for dinner (and a salad for me) and had Caroline in bed by 7:30pm (silly time change).


Caroline was crying in her crib at 4am this morning so we got her a bottle, tried to put her back in her crib, heard more crying, so she ended up sleeping in our bed with us until 6am. She was SO ADORABLE cuddled between us, sleeping on her tummy with her head on our pillows. She definitely isn't feeling well because she never wakes up like that - please just be a tooth coming in, please just be a tooth coming in...

Have a nice week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment